Founder & Principal Consultant at Transform HR Group
Views:960 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:119
Head - Commodity Sourcing - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
- Tracking regular Commodities movement and make buying strategy
- Understanding all Key parameters and Geo-political scenario to optimize buying
- Understanding of key commodities like : Oil/Flours/Pulses/Rice
- Conduct supplier negotiations for buying of ingredients and complete Master Purchase Agreement (MPA) process with suppliers
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationship with suppliers to continuously improve performance and service level.
- Track cost savings, supplier performance, PO other KPIs of ingredients procurement.
- Monitor commodity market trend and develop procurement operation budget periodically and maintain standard prices accurately.
- Work closely with Factory Managers, QA, Product Supply, Innovation, Procurement Operations to ensure continuity of supply and new product development.
- Lead new supplier site qualification projects thru collaboration with Supplier Management and QA team.
- Identify and implement cost improvement (VLC) projects;
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Work out the procurement plan based on the sales forecast & BOM. Commodity price tracking & facilitate buying decision.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Leading contract negotiations, driving cost savings initiatives, and implementing strategic sourcing best practices and ensuring that the company receives best in class pricing.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the company
- Responsible for developing and maintaining high-level contact with key suppliers. Develop supplier scorecards and conduct quarterly business reviews. Maintain, evaluate, and expand reliable suppliers to effectively achieve cost, availability, and strong supplier management relationships.
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet the company's goals
- Assesses the total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
Experience & Skills :
- Proven experience in a similar management role, preferably within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines