Managing Partner at Connections One
Views:404 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Head - Business Shared Services - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (20-22 yrs)
Head Business Shared Services
Job Description: The leader of Shared Services Organization will be working with the Senior Management team as well as the Divisional/SBU CEOs, DMCs and Heads of Corporate Functions to strengthen the organizational efforts towards digitization, standardization, automation and customer experience in order to create continuous value through efficiency, discipline, scalability and service improvement.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Create the operational strategy and vision for development of a successful Shared Services Centre (SSC) in company. Create robust frameworks for process flow, operations, and workflow.
2. Define and progressively enlarge the scope of services delivered from the SSC for organizational value creation (efficiency, customer experience, security and cost benefits).
3. Define and execute the service level agreements that are collaborative and ensure highest levels of quality and cost and optimal timelines. Deliver consistent, predictable and responsive service in line with agreed performance standards
4. Develop and lead a highly productive team with focus on delivery and discipline for exceptional customer experience. Oversee the hiring and building the SSC team both from internal resources as well as people with the requisite skillsets from the market. Ensure that staff is well trained on the tools as well as business process of the relevant functions.
5. Identify and supervise a continuous automation programme as part of the continuous improvement plan (CIP) to provide year-on-year incremental value
6. Develop suitable dashboards as part of the Command Centre depicting the effectiveness of the shared services programme, establishing metrics and analytics for senior management review.
7. Lead the alignment of service delivery strategy of SSC with the business strategy of the organization.
8. Implement the approved SSC plan using cutting edge technologies and tools, ensuring high levels of system uptime, evaluating upgrade needs with passage of time and ensuring that the digital quotient is well ahead of the curve
9. Ensure that the SSC operations are in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
10. Assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices of the SSC against relevant comparable companies, and benchmarks.
Skills & Attributes Requirements:
1. Practical understanding of shared services organization and various frameworks. Past experience in shared services in different industry environments is preferred. Ability to set strategy, drive performance in order to produced sustainable results in line with organizational strategy.
2. Deep understanding of laws and policies applicable to SSC. Understanding of contractual laws. Experience in cultivating ownership in the team.
3. Experience in leading large scale change management. Ability to influence stakeholders by developing innovative process solutions in a constantly evolving environment.
4. A collaborator with strong communication skills who can influence and drive results through action. Very strong customer orientation is expected from the individual.
5. Understanding of the technology impact on service digitization and delivery; and the interactions between business applications and those of the shared services organization
6. Ability to work in a multi business environment with different functions. Appreciation and experience of functions such as Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Procurement and Sales Operations will be required for the incumbent to be successful in the role.
1. Minimum 20 years of professional experience of which at least 5 years' experience leading a shared service delivery centre.
2. Experience in both service provider organization and in captive shared services organization is required
3. Exposure to SAP ERP and other major Shared Services tools
4. A Chartered Accountant/ MBA/ BE preferably from a Tier 1 institution
5. Professional certification in project management/5S/ Six-Sigma/Agile etc. is expected.