Head - Analytics - Online/Internet (10-15 yrs)
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Build data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Anticipates and Evaluates impact of analytical solutions on related projects as part of the developing complex analytical algorithm/solutions for various business problems
- Execute large scale models using Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family (Poisson models, Survival models, Hierarchical models, Na- ve-Bayesian estimators), Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models, Text mining
- Stays current with analytical advancements, determine and deliver through right algorithm for suitable solutions
- Prioritizes workload, ensure high quality of solutions, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and timely delivery.
- Provides advanced analytical knowledge and expertise to the broader organization
- Identifies and escalates issues and, when necessary, pulls appropriate teams together to solve challenge/issue, etc
- Encourages team members to deep dive into analytical problems.
- Participates in internal & external technology & analytical forums and discussions
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics.
- Experience in applying machine learning, statistical pattern recognition, and data mining algorithms to prediction problems.
- Strong experience with advanced SQL and good experience in big data ecosystem - Hive/Pig/MapReduce, Spark
- Experience with at-least one programming language - e.g. Java, Python, R
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment - small teams with changing priorities.
- Willingness to try new technologies and languages and ability to grasp and learn quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.