Recruiter at Talentiser
Views:1701 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Head - Analytics - Internet/Online (9-15 yrs)
- In this role, you will be building and leading a team of product analysts and cultivating a culture of data-driven decision making. As the head of Analytics, you will be responsible for leading the product analytics function and will help product teams define success metrics, build data-driven roadmaps and track progress towards solving customer problems.
- Your role will be part people manager (grow and develop a team), part strategist (help shape product strategy) and part evangelist (drive data-driven decision-making). You will work cross-functionally with other leaders in Marketing, Data Science and Engineering to ensure alignment in tracking and reporting on what matters, as well as data governance.
- The ideal candidate will be able to combine deep knowledge of sophisticated analytics with effective storytelling, strong people development and the ability to influence and partner cross-functionally.
- Cultivate an understanding of how product analytics connects to business strategy and product strategy and how analysts can effectively partner with product teams to build data-driven roadmaps
- Lead a team of Product Analysts and partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, craft approaches to track the data and identify errors, quantify and evaluate the data
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product authority through data, develop trust amongst your peers and leaders
- Be an advocate for data-driven everything with the ability to focus on the big picture takeaways of any analysis while being able to speak to the underlying details
- Evangelize utilizing experimentation (A/B testing) to validate hypotheses and assumptions and measure the impact
- Grow the Product Analytics team both through hiring and coaching, training and mentoring existing team members
- 9+ years of work experience in data analytics or a related discipline and 3+ years of people management experience
- A passion for analytics, using data to inform decision-making and the ability to tell stories using data
- Proven track record in leading a team specifically hiring, building and developing a team
- Working knowledge of managing large data sets, and using analytics and data science tools (eg - SQL, Python, R)
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
- Confidence working with ambiguity, unknown variables, and missing context (and find ways to bridge those gaps, when necessary)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present and communicate data to senior management