Talent Acquisition Manager at HDFC Bank Ltd
Views:583 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
HDFC Bank - Rating Analyst (3-7 yrs)
- Primarily responsible to carry out independent assessment on the credit quality of a borrower to indicate the level of risk associated with the borrower by assigning ratings as per Banks internal rating model.
- Ensuring that the ratings are accurate and up-to-date with the all available information at all points of time by tracking news, reports both internal and external and quarterly performance of the
Job Responsibilities(JR) :
Assign Ratings independently:
- Comprehensive and independent analysis of companies' performance in assigned portfolio by assessing credit proposals, financial statements, projections and other information to assess the credit worthiness of the entity
- Analyzing the business model, identifying strengths, weakness, risks, understanding the revenue models and the corporate structure of the businesses
- Independently handling rating assignments for entities of varying sizes and preparing rationales for the ratings assigned
- Assign ratings as per Bank's internal rating scale after thorough understanding of the borrower, industry and peer group analysis
Surveillance of ratings:
- Surveillance of ratings in the assigned portfolio
- Review of ratings basis any new developments in the company/industry
- Monitor the ratings through multiple surveillance frameworks in place.
- Ensure all the latest available information is factored in the ratings
- Analysis of industry/sector assigned
- Read through industry reports by various agencies
- Attend webinars and seminars pertaining to the industry to keep ourselves abreast of the latest updates and trends in various industries.
- Industry presentations evaluating sector performance and rating movement at a portfolio level
- Responsible for one of the surveillance frameworks in the team
- Follow-up with RAs for feedback on cases appearing in the framework
- Review the feedback and monitor the timely rating action to be taken, if required.
- Presentation to senior management on the outcome and key rating actions
- Monitoring portfolio performance for stress indicators and recommend suitable rating actions and highlight key risk factors to the credit team.
- Preparing newsletters on industry/portfolio for circulation internally
- Replies to audit observations
- Any other assignments depending on the needs of the organization
- Adhering to the policies
- CA, CFA or MBA from a Tier 1 institutes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Experience in handling large volumes and good in excel skills
- Good understanding of Banking products
Experience Required: Minimum experience in years - 3-7 years
- Experience in ratings, credit underwriting or policy related job role for Mid and Large Corporate segments in any Rating agency, Bank, NBFC's, Research & brokerage houses or KPO's.