Talent Acquisition at HCL Technologies Ltd
Views:3634 Applications:251 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:95
HCL - IT Procurement Role (5-12 yrs)
PROCUREMENT FUNCTIONAL OVERVIEW :
- Procurement is responsible for the buying of all goods and services used in delivering services to our customers, as well as internal requirements.
- The organization is embarking on a transformation program which reflects the huge growth in the business globally over the past 10 years.
- The transformation will increase the focus on developing our supplier base with the help of global and regional category team while managing the existing accounts and improving the business understanding and appreciation of the Procurement function.
- This role provides an excellent chance for someone to be a key part of that transformation and to benefit from the opportunities that success in key transformation program can bring.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Buy for the IT procurement function for a location specific to Geo (EMEA/APAC/America). IT includes Hardware, Software, Hosting, Telecom, and related services for both internal purchase and resale.
- Support both the pursuit (i.e. bid phase of EN business) and delivery execution of client business deals
- Support execution of the GPS organization goal Plan and objectives
- Work closely with counterparts in other regions / geographies
- Perform day to day procurement activities such as getting quotes, negotiating contracts, contract management, tracking purchase orders and shipment and resolving supplier payment issues and working as a team member
- Be a key change agent in our nascent Procurement Transformation journey
- Establish tight alignment with the Sales and Delivery teams in support of ongoing delivery and transactions.
- Deliver the negotiation Savings and best possible commercials as per pre-defined KPIs
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to support client delivery
- Provide thought leadership and promote knowledge sharing across the team and other regions / geographies
- Obtain support and agreement for procurement strategy from key stakeholders to ensure optimal compliance
- Close negotiations and mitigating commercials exposure in the contracts.
Key Skills :
- Technical background with 5-12 years of experience in related fields
- Strong exposure to various Technologies/Hardware/Software - product knowledge, technology awareness, contract laws, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, contract management and supply relationship management
- Should have experience in a similar function in other companies. Companies in the IT industry a plus
- Familiarity with large complex deal management is a plus
- Strong communication skills and drive desired results within the organization.
- Excellent people management skills; Proficient in verbal communication, writing, time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills are also required and knowledge of hardware or software licensing is a plus
- Exceptionally strong work ethic displaying a mature and professional attitude with an ability to adjust quickly to change
- Motivated, self-starter and achievement oriented and excellent team building skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.