Talent Acquisition at HCL Technologies Ltd
Views:2896 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
HCL - Category Manager - Software Procurement - Americas/EMEA Region (5-7 yrs)
HCL is a $8.5 billion company that employs around 130,000 people in over 50 countries and continues to expand its global footprint across the world. HCL provides comprehensive IT solutions and services systems integration, information systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application development and maintenance, and research and development services to Global 2500 customers utilizing a Global Services Delivery Platform. IT and engineering services expertise under one roof to solve complex business problems for customers.
The company provides a great entrepreneurial opportunity for continued growth within the US and Europe, with the support and infrastructure of an extremely successful long-term company with over 25 years of experience in IT. We are looking to find the next generation of leaders to drive our expected growth across the US and Europe.
HCL affords the opportunity to work on challenging projects utilizing leading edge technologies, in varied industries with cross-functional teams across geographies. (Retail, Consumer Products & Distribution, Health & Life Sciences, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Manufacturing, & Telecom and Technology Products.)
Innovation at HCL is about implementation of new ideas resulting into a marketable product or service for you as an individual and the organization as a whole. Innovation acts as a growth engine to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
We have an open culture, a business casual environment, and - values- of intensity to win, act with sensitivity, and unyielding integrity.
HCL has built a great business model that reinvents itself constantly and delivers business results consistently. We have also nurtured a culture that promotes creativity and shuns complacency. HCL has tremendous potential to grow aggressively and further strengthen its leadership position in the IT space across the globe.
- $8.5 billion global company bringing IT and engineering services expertise under one roof to solve complex business problems for customers
- Extensive global offshore infrastructure and network of offices in 51 countries
- Providing holistic, multi-service delivery across industries - financial services, manufacturing, consumer services, public services, and healthcare
- Delivering measurable business value in enterprise application services, IT infrastructure management, custom application services, engineering and R&D services, and business services
- Vibrant culture of Ideapreneurship - a culture that helps in grassroots innovations that lead to transformative business outcomes
HCL is a fast-growing global IT and Business Process outsourcing, technology and consulting services company delivering technology-driven business solutions to help meet and exceed the strategic objectives of its clients.
With a truly global presence, HCL has established strong proposition in the Enterprise Transformation Services market with its technology capabilities and domain knowledge; clients include numerous Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies across many industry sectors.
Having established a strong track record of innovation and success in the implementation of its services, HCL prides itself by exceeding customer satisfaction and always delivers on its commitments. In the past few years, the business has achieved rapid growth through successful delivery of large complex programs and consistently generated robust revenue stream. HCL's client list of global, blue chip organizations is constantly expanding.
Job Title : Americas or EMEA Category Manager
Reports to : Americas or EMEA Head of Category Management
Location : Noida India
Experience : 5-7 years
PROCUREMENT FUNCTIONAL OVERVIEW :
Procurement is responsible for the buying of all goods and services used in delivering services to our customers as well as internal requirements. The organization is embarking on a transformation program which reflects the huge growth in the business globally over the past 10 years. The transformation will increase the focus on developing our supplier base through a global and regional category approach while improving the business understanding and appreciation of the Procurement function. This role provides an excellent chance for someone to be a key part of that transformation and to benefit from the opportunities that success in key transformation program can bring.
This role is focused on our Software category globally for all customer contracts that HCL provide Software services to in the Americas.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the Software Procurement and Category Sourcing function in the Americas during both the pursuit and execution of customer business.
- Support the development, implementation and execution a Software Category Strategy and Category Knowledge Base (CKB) across all the customer spend in the Americas.
- Support the development and execution annual Software Category Plans, which includes identify key strategic sourcing requirements
- Increase value from the Software supply base through innovative commercial models
- Own the relationships with Software suppliers
- Monitor the supply market using benchmarks and category indices
- Evaluate and improve Software supplier / category performance
- For non-client requirements, be the - Face of Procurement to internal stakeholders
- Support the consolidation our Americas Software supplier base to best leverage spend and influence whilst managing sourcing risks.
- Work as part of the global category strategy to develop a global consistent approach for Software spend closely with counterparts both on- and offshore
- Support the development savings plans and track and report actual delivery against target.
- Support the development effective relationships with key strategic Software suppliers and implement a supplier management approach across the category.
- Build collaborative working relationship with Business Partnering and Buying Procurement teams and support Delivery, Sales and Solutions teams to ensure that Procurement is engaged early in the sourcing process for Software needs
- Manage Key Contract Items and Monitor Contract Metrics and Develop Contract corrective action (Master & Supplier specific)
- Collect and understand category and project requirements (scope, timeline, and budget)
- Contribute to the creation a Software category strategy and global capability matrix
- Identify Software potential suppliers, working closely with Business Partnering, Sales, and Delivery regional leadership collaborating with Category buying and Solution Delivery project teams
- Complete Software Category Strategic Sourcing Internal and External Profile, Confirm Baseline, and Define future requirements
- Define TCO/ Commercial Model, Select Relationship Approach, Select Sourcing Approach, Document Strategy
- Facilitate Software supplier selection process through direct engagement or competitive bidding techniques
- Qualify Software Suppliers - Identify Selection Criteria, Select Supplier Long List, Conduct RFI, Document Supplier Short List
- Conduct RFx - Document RFP Scope & Timing, Write & Execute RFP, Evaluate RFP, Document Suppliers for Negotiation
- Document Negotiation Strategy, Plan & Execute Negotiations, Document Benefits
- Negotiate commercials and terms, in collaboration with our functional, technical, sales, finance, and legal partners. Similarly, drive contracting process
- Identify and monitor key category indices, perform category analytics, monitor supplier market, benchmark as required
- Measure customer satisfaction (360-degree management)
- Monitor Savings/ Rebate Methodologies and track & report category benefits
- Adjust/ Manage supplier performance and track other KPIs
- Execute Compliance and Continuous Performance management framework and manage adoption issues and feedback Category/ Source Plan
- Prepare transactional documentation to consummate order
- Be the escalation point for sales and delivery or contract issues
- Proactively work with client project teams to define and execute cost takeout initiatives.
- Create and maintain the Software Buyer Training Guide
- Motivated, self-starter and achievement oriented.
Key Skills :
- 5-7 years of experience in related fields.
- Exposure to various aspects of the IT categories such as Data Center, EUC Hardware, Hosting, Enterprise Hardware, and Services.
- Familiarity with deal management and negotiations.
- Strong communication skills and drive desired results within the organization.
- Excellent people management skills; proficient in verbal communication, writing, time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills are also required, and knowledge of Software hardware and licensing is desirable
- Exceptionally strong work ethic displaying a mature and professional attitude with an ability to adjust quickly to change
- Exposure to various aspects of the IT procurement area including contract laws, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, contract management and supply relationship management.
- Good level of project management experience leading complex commercial projects.
- Motivated, self-starter and achievement oriented and excellent team building skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.