Talent Acquisition at HCL Technologies Ltd
Views:2374 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:120
HCL - Associate Vice President - Infrastructure Projects (18-20 yrs)
Job Description - Associate Vice President (Infrastructure)
- Deliver of Projects within Time, Cost & Quality.
- Major focus areas will be user interface, coordination with Consultants / Architects /Govt bodies/ Contractors
- Proactively raising, analyzing and anticipating the project related issues, approving weekly & monthly progress reports.
- Ensure the contracts are finalized as per the projects approved technical specifications.
- Coordinating with finance & accounts for payments, LC openings, bank guarantee & other statutory documents.
- Health and Safety environment and regulatory compliances - Effective deployment of safety & Environment policy through safety and environment plans.
- Overviewing & ensuring workmanship quality & safety at site
- Team Development & Succession Planning - Engage with the team members to motivate and foster teamwork, understand and address concerns and provide a collaborative environment for them to develop
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR (KPI):
- Progress of works against the project schedule
- Overall responsibility of achieving the Project progress as per the Master schedule.
- Preparation of Project Budgets and approval from Management
- Reconciliation of project cost V/s approved budget
- % savings on the project cost through value engineering of the project during the design phase.
- Review of the quality assurance and inspection test plans for the failures.
- Timely implementation of change management
- Turnaround time (PR to PO)
- Timely finalization of vendors as per the agreed time lines
- Timely statutory approvals and SEZ approvals
- Ensuring all certificates & documents are made available for import material & customs for clearance.
- Zero Non Compliances
- Employee Engagement Scores
EXTERNAL INTERACTIONS :
- Manage expectations of the external stakeholders of the project
- Ensure compliance of statutory obligations required for the projects defined by law
- Representation in all Statutory / customs/ Govt. bodies meetings & presentations.
- Periodic review with the vendors/contractors on the status of the projects
INTERNAL INTERACTIONS :
- Review/Develop project proposals, presentations, feasibility analysis & project planning along with the HOD- s
- Monthly/ Quarterly progress review presentation to senior management
- Review budget & cash flow of the projects along with contracts and finance team and report variances with remedial solutions
- Conduct regular sites walks the team to review the progress at sites and understand the issue on the job if any
- Interact with the Corporate Relations team on issues relating to statutory approvals
- Review compliance of security, safety, environment and general housekeeping provisions for the projects
- Identify and discuss with the team and consultants on value engineering opportunities at the conceptual stage as well as detail design stage
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- A graduate / Post graduate in Civil Engineering with 18 -20 years experience. At least 5 years experience as Projects Head. Certification from NICMAR will be an added advantage.
- Possess a Professional License (Optional)
- Should be able to independently manage the projects and be people oriented person.
- Should be process driven and well versed with the project/construction management processes.
- Well versed in the following:
- Project development, Pre-concept feasibility studies.
- Project Planning & Scheduling, Project delivery strategy and risk analysis
- Value engineering analysis & facilitating inputs at all stages of Design & construction.
- Design management, Design Co-ordination & Integration of structural, MEP & IT services in design.
- Conversant with the international terms and conditions of contracts (FIDIC etc)
- Conversant with National Building Code of India (relevant segments), Local building regulations, Fire dept regulations for High rise buildings, Compliance to Statutory norms.
- Projects Execution, Quality control, Procurement & Contract management, Change management.
- Conversant with the green building norms, ISO and OSHAS standards.
- Customer Relationship.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of 18 - 20 years of overall experience in Project Management/ Construction with at least one successfully completed project of Rs500 crores.
PERSONALITY TRAITS :
- Good at Stress Management
- Good at Multitasking
- Good at Execution and Results
- Good @ Team Management i.e respect for Individual & also command respect from the team
- Effective Communication skills - Ability to Listen & responds appropriately
- Good at Decision Making - Ability to take risk and decide on merit
- Good at Conflict Resolution - Ability to adopt collaborative approach to resolve the conflict effectively
- Good at Change Management - Ability to influence people to change the way they see and do things to challenge how they define a problem and find solutions in an innovative ways
- Detailing & Foresightedness - Ability to have - Eye for Detailing-
- Business Insights - Ability to comprehend the business challenges and has been part of the solutions
- Deliver the Promise - Ability to strive for high performance and stretch goals that surpass industry benchmarks and standards
- Should be emotionally balanced
- Shareholder and stake holder's management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.