GSK - Specialist - Compensation Operations (3-8 yrs)
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
With such a diverse global workforce, GSK needs a team of HR experts to support and improve the lives of our patients, consumers and employees. Our values-led, high-performance culture is anchored by our HR team, and you can be part of keeping this momentum. We need to continue to equip our people to fulfill their potential and to get the most out of their career, and HR helps facilitate that progress. By joining us, you'll help to create an environment where people feel inspired. There's always more to discover and a growing team to learn from.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
You will join a new team specialising in Compensation & Benefits, providing support to managers and employees in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada and India, across all our business units. Regionalising Compensation & Benefits is a new and exciting venture for GSK, and we want the best and brightest to join us on this important journey.
The Compensation Specialists responsibilities include:
- Providing customer support for our global recognition process
- Carrying out job evaluations, ensuring governance and equity, by business and country
- Participating in the annual job catalogue refresh
- Supporting delivery of our global annual salary review and bonus process through Workday, including involvement in:
- Budget Setting
- Coordination of performance configuration
- Data quality, including correct plan assignment and validation of bonus calculations
- Ensuring completion of pay review proposals
- Supporting managers with questions around making salary decisions and 'data behavior
- Supporting with global and local process communications
- Providing education sessions and materials
- Conducting analysis using standard tools and processes to review pay equity
- Supporting leaders with salary decision guidance
- Carrying out job mapping/matching for benchmarking, including investigating data issues, matching errors and data gaps
- Participating in the annual employment cost analysis process
- Ensuring adherence to our global Reward Governance Framework
The Compensation Specialist will work closely with the Compensation Managers to provide high quality technical Compensation support and guidance to their aligned countries / businesses. The successful candidate will have a strong focus on customer service and be interested in further developing their existing core Compensation skills.
We would like to speak to you, if you have these experience and skills.
Experience in a Reward / HR role ideally gained in a large Corporation or a specialist consulting organization.
Experience of working above country, especially the UK, Ireland, US and Canada.
Further in-depth experience and cultural understanding at a Local Operations level is highly beneficial.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.