GSK - Senior Manager - Service Delivery (6-10 yrs)
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
The new job is a result of rationalizing 4 organizations into one product-based organization that has end to end responsibility for service delivery of product roadmaps in the Core Connectivity Organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
This role is responsible for managing a team of network engineers in delivering product roadmaps in the Core Connectivity Organization. The roadmaps will push Software Defined Architectures, automation, improved network visibility and Cloud Based Solutions.
- This role is responsible for directing a team of network engineers in delivering product roadmaps in the Core Connectivity/Network Organization.
- Lead a team of robust individuals who build automation for App Hosting Services team to meet current and future product needs.
- Transform the ways of working from a project-based to a product-based organization.
- Work on the target architecture and engineering for the network to be consumed.
- Work regularly with App Hosting Services Leaders and Platform Engineering teams to set shared expectations and deliverables. Deliver quality product against commitment while working in an Agile framework.
- Develop the strategic supplier to be an extension of the organization and provide elastic support for projects when required.
- Transform the IT operations team from a ticket-based organization to an intelligence operations team implementing ML/AI with the internal team and strategic supplier
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship to Automation and Assurance staff in the delivery of the Architectural roadmap for Automation, ensuring fit-for-purpose, best-in-class, and currency.
- Oversee and be involved with the delivery of automation and services for Core Connectivity.
- Ensure industry standard methodology is being followed for GSK's Core Connectivity team, and regular health checks are being performed to ensure we are responding to any changes in the regulatory landscape and emerging security threats.
- Apply hardware design theories and principles, perform complex work in research, design and development of new or existing products, tools and processes required for the operation, maintenance and testing of products.
- Seek out emerging and established network connectivity industry trends, and makes proposals on changes, improvements, and replacements of our existing identity tools through detailed analysis, proof of concepts and product comparisons.
- This role demands an deep understanding of computer system design and development concepts and ability to ensure the delivery of secure and scalable solutions.
- They must be able to articulate the advantages and disadvantages of their approach, and the reasoning for following a specific path.
- We are looking for a Senior Service Manager, Network Service Delivery and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 6+ years in a role with proven success in running teams supporting network roadmaps, implementation, operations.
- 5+ years of Automation Engineering and Delivery experience.
- Previous demonstratable excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Broad understanding of network concepts particularly in the Cisco, Palo Alto, and Z-Scaler environments.
- Prior experience in successfully delivering enterprise programs across functional IT Teams
- Proven experience with developing leaders and staff to be a high functioning team
- Experience in working in Agile ways of working
- Experience in Connectivity to Cloud Brokers, Cloud providers, and routing within Cloud Providers such as Azure
- This role requires excellent communication and relationship building skills across both technical and business audiences.
- Broad complex problem solving with limited information available to make strategic decisions and interpretations.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.