GSK - Senior Manager - Service Assurance (10-15 yrs)
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
GSK is one of the worlds foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
In GSK the Network Service Assurance Manager provides technical and managerial leadership in the Operations / Delivery / Engineering / Automation functions within the Network and Perimeter Security Product focused GSK Hosted Infrastructure.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
The role is responsible to deliver an end to end view of service performance and customer experience across IT services. The manager is expected to deliver the agreement of service levels with customers, ensuring compliance and communicating performance to key stakeholders (internal and external).
The role will instigate, develop and implement Service Improvement activity in the event of underperformance or in line with changing business requirements.
- Build excellent relationships with designated customers in the business and shareholder areas to align Network Services to business objectives
- Maintain a service risk register to manage, mitigate and accept operational risks to service and deliver improvements to mitigate risk
- Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery.
- Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware.
- Manage network hardware / software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Plan and implement network hardware asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and network operations in procurement strategies for network hardware acquisition.
- Identify and deliver successful process improvement opportunities within the global network by defining problems, identifying gaps in performance, gathering data, deciding on solutions, implementing improvements, measuring results, and ensuring changes are sustained.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the team; provide mentoring and career development; oversee development of succession plans at all levels of organizational responsibilities.
- Collaborate globally with other managers, directors, and key stakeholders to coordinate and align objectives and ensure technology meets the requirements of the enterprise
- Perform other related duties as required. Maintain current knowledge on GSK standards and processes and Core Tech Enterprise Hosting networking product.
The position will be associated with project deadlines are usually short and not communicated quickly or occasionally at all. An ability to keep other employees motivated while generating ideas to overcome project blockers is a required skill.
The position requires flexibility in handling technical solutions versus business and security requirements.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Service Assurance and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Bachelors Degree or masters degree in IT Infrastructure / IT Management or technical discipline preferred
- 10 years of overall network engineering experience with heavy emphasis on Cisco networking equipment.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate and collaborate with different audiences representing various technical disciplines across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Extensive knowledge in Network Management, Security, MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of networking - LAN, WAN, TCP/IP Protocol suite, IP Addressing, Routing, DNS and VLAN.
- Ability to lead negotiations with vendors and network service providers
- Working knowledge of predominant Wireless LAN technologies
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
The additional skills and certifications required for the role are:
- CCNA or CCNP are preferred
- CISSP or other Industry Security Related Certifications are preferred.
- Other technical and mgmt. based (ITIL / Agile) certs are also preferred.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and organization skills. Ability to run meetings, delegate tasks, and manage progress with team members and collaborators.
- Evidence of strong ability at building confidence and trust with colleagues and the wider IT community.
- Evidence of ability to create solutions and positively influence partners.
- Evidence of courage in decision making and accountability.
- Evidence of ability to work to exciting deadlines.
- Some of the other functions encompassing the role:
- Handling Operations / Delivery / Engineering / Automation functions within the Network and Perimeter Security Product focused GSK Hosted Infrastructure.
- Keep the network up and running 24x7x365
- Develop and execute global improvements to the network
- Develop and execute global network policies as required
- Streamline current global network processes
- Collaborate with other service leaders to ensure end to end application service is delivered to the customer
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.