GSK - Senior Manager - Procurement Operations - Back Office (5-10 yrs)
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
Are you a Procurement expert with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
GSK Procurement is a pioneering, influencing function with approximately 800 members across 50 countries who buy goods and services on a global scale and support our core functions. But we do more in global procurement than just purchase things.
We partner with business units to drive value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets to ensure a secure supply in all areas of our business from pharmaceutical development to consumer health products. With a stream of diverse and interesting projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Back Office Outsourcing Manager is a world-wide role, with responsibility for leading Outsourced Procurement activities for Systems & Analytics support, as well as the Procurement Operating Desk activities and the link into the GSK Procurement Shared Service Center.
- This role is accountable for managing Procurement’s Outsourced provider, alignment with business and site stakeholders and Procurement teams, delivering value in efficiencies and cost savings for GSK.
- Accountable for the management of service line capabilities; for example, operational improvements
- Accountable for delivery of any activity transition between service provider and GSK Procurement Shared Service Center
- Accountable for effective delivery of tactical procurement operations, liaising with internal / external stakeholders to ensure seamless transactional service delivery and support to requisitioners
- Provide oversight for outsourced services team, responsible for partnering with outsource provider to define capability requirements and output expectations
- Help improve and deliver catered BPO governance model to allow for regular and frequent updates on performance against all defined objectives alignment with stakeholders and clearly defined pipeline of initiatives
- Take ownership of budget, track costs against budget and help control the expenditure in cooperation with Finance for the relevant service scope
- Identify areas where service levels need to be adjusted and capacity needs to be shifted
- Work with broader Procurement colleagues to help deliver value aligned with the SLAs
- Fact based analytics support for tickets root cause and actions to reduce systems root causes
- If you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 5+ years experience working in corporate environment; 2+ years experience working in procurement or related field
- Keen knowledge of Source-to-pay processes
- The role requires the ability to facilitate the development and execution of Business Process Outsourcing strategies that align with Procurement needs.
- A strong understanding of business and financial analysis will facilitate success.
- Ability to communicate with senior Business, Finance and Procurement managers required Solid understanding of procurement best practices, policies and tools
- Motivation for professional development and willingness to coach, mentor and train others
- Demonstrated high Communication skills with very senior persons in the organisation.
- Experience in program or project management, including change management and executive communication
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well