GSK - Senior Manager - Data Engineering (10-15 yrs)
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Azure Senior Manager Data Engineer leads a team accountable for developing and delivering cloud-based data solutions across the enterprise which includes both Consumer & Customer and Value Chain super personas. This is a leadership role that will manage a team of Data engineers and support hands-on development of code through from origin to production, plus managing 3rd party development service providers to help ensure that code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall ecosystem being established
- Development : Hands on, sleeves up development and delivery expected as a matter of course.
- Delivery : Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders- expectation. Ability to work on complex projects and in a distributed environment. Escalation point for Data & Analytics team needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the Pharma Tech team, to ensure Development/Delivery/BAU aspects are delivered to support project's requirements and deliverables.
Methodology: Incorporate agile ways of working into the delivery process thru use of DABL (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Launch) framework to show value periodically. Individuals lead a product-centric delivery team(s) that will focus on delivering value independently while fully embracing integrated DevOps approaches.
Ownership: Take ownership for the delivery/development projects, help steer until completion and manage project related budgets
Leadership : Lead and grow a team of Data Engineers to ensure alignment with new and emerging data technologies
Partnering : Work when required with external and/or internal delivery agents to coordinate delivery.
Governance : Follow governance that allows projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the global nature of some of the programmes.
Forward looking: Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies. Keep abreast of industry developments in data engineering and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
Quality, Risk & Compliance : Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
Technical Architecture: Be conversant with technical architecture to contribute to design discussions in partnership with the Delivery/Development Director and dedicated Analytics & Data Architect. Taking on the role of DevOps champion to define and implement the analysis, execution, and streamlining of DevOps practices
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If YOU have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 10+ years as a senior Developer in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading and growing a data engineering team to ensure delivery of data ingestion pipelines through curation of data
- Management of a team of 4 to 6 Data Engineers, including quarterly reviews, development plans and performance assessment
- Fully conversant with agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts. Must have worked in CI/CD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and - schema-on-read- methodologies are a must and knowledge of Azure Data Factory/DataBricks/Azure Data Lake/Azure DW/Analysis Services is a must.
- Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI, Power Apps & Microsoft Visual Studio is desirable.
- Good to have an excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. C#, Python, SQL, DAX, etc.
- Being conversant with and qualified in Data Science and Machine Learning approaches will put you at a significant advantage and position you well to deliver on the future pipeline of work.
- Experience in executing Data Analytics projects in an Agile manner, articulation of Value depending on the project life cycle stage, Creating MVPs, developing plans for scale up are all very important experience to be successful in this role.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well