GSK - Senior Manager - Data Analysis (10-15 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. The distinct behaviour proven by the Lead Data Analyst is defined by Technical Thought Leadership, Innovation, Strategy and People Management & Development. This role is accountable for contributing within and across product teams in the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of solutions for large-scale complex products, embedding agile and DevOps principles.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Provides leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to the Data Analyst team composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors.
- Partner with Product Owners and Data Architects to inform product strategy and roadmaps.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology in the market and technical industry trends related to the data and analytics space and use the knowledge to contribute to product strategy.
- Lead and provide technical mentorship to several product teams at once.
- Develop high-level requirements / use cases for analytics to support business. justification.
- Work with the product owners to translate the requirements into a form of data mapping, logical data model for engineering team.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Take dashboard requirements and transfer into rapidly developed prototypes and working solutions.
Implement and document reports, dashboards and other story-telling insights within the BI platforms consistent with business and technical requirements.
- Optimize and update semantic data models to support new and existing projects.
- Develop test scenarios and test cases in collaboration with data test engineer along with acceptance criteria.
- Identify and drive opportunities to reuse data models in new environments.
- We are looking for a Lead Data Analyst and if you have these skills, we wish to speak to you.
- The ideal candidate would be highly experienced in conducting data analysis on multiple projects simultaneously in a distributed global matrix environment.
- The Lead Data Analyst will join a good technical team in a technically demanding area of Tech and so the ideal candidate should be a hands on individual that possess a solid background in technology and is familiar with Agile and DevOps processes.
- The candidate is required to carry strong Business Intelligence tool skills and also relevant programming experience to query data.
- 10+ years of successful experience as a Business And/Or Data Analyst in Data focused products and proven history working on and delivering complex projects in an Analytics environment space.
- Strong Communication skills to interact with fellow directors and VPs in both the business and tech teams
- Extensive experience with at least 1 data visualization platform preferably Power BI
- Experience writing complex queries to retrieve data
- Experience working in Azure environments a plus
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Be entrepreneurial for knowledge, work towards results
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in STEM is required.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.