GSK - Senior Data & Analytics Product Strategy & Delivery Manager (8-13 yrs)
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. Given the increased focus on data and analytics and the need to ensure we have a comprehensive strategy that is aligned to the Vaccines business, a role of Sr. Data and Analytics Product Delivery has been added.
The development of best-in-industry Data capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative Vaccines company. Combining various data streams across Vaccines business and providing data near real-time data and visualizations are key component to achieve our ambitions
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
The D&A Delivery Manager is a key member of the Product Planning and Delivery team and is responsible for delivery of D&A products in Vaccines Business Unit. They will be responsible for blueprinting and delivering D&A products with the appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to deliver business objectives. The role closely collaborates with other D&A stakeholders to understand the business problem to determine the most appropriate approach to agile delivery of value to vaccines business.
As a Scrum Master, this role will advocate the Scrum process, model agile behaviours, and help bring a product vision to life in cooperation with the product owner and development team. Using your skills in conflict resolution and continuous improvement, candidate will navigate product delivery beyond barriers to enable team success and deliver an improved client experience.
- Enabling x-functional product teams:- Act as a servant leader / scrum master with oversight of all activities across product teams. Plan and facilitate agile meetings and team ceremonies, removing impediments or assisting the team in doing so.- Establish a trusting and safe team environment with a focus on problem solving.- Foster a "learn by doing" team culture and drive relentless improvement.- Ensure collaboration to drive and deliver business value, adhering to the release management calendar where applicable.-
- Coaching and mentoring: Serve as champion of VFQ and agile ways of working, ensuring teams exhibit VFQ mindset and continuously embed and evolve agile practices. Provide guidance, direction, and coaching to the teams. Work with teams at varying levels of maturity and develop them to become self-directed and self-managing.- Foster and contribute to communities of practice.-
- Product Backlog: facilitate creation and maintenance of the backlog data in the product board, maintaining alignment with strategic roadmap and ensuring content is accurate and fit for purpose (ex: ready for execution, available for reporting to governance boards,- etc)- .
Best Practices:- Liaise with Strategy, Design and Test organization as well as other partner organizations (ex: Quality, Portfolio, Established- Products, Finance) to adopt and embed standards and best practices across the product teams. Influence others including those more senior on best practices.-
Strategy Alignment: Understand the strategic direction as it relates to team goals,- ensuring strategy- and delivery alignment at the product/product family level.-
People Management:- Provide guidance, support and direction to the team facilitators. Develop self and support others- development to achieve full potential.- May directly line manage team facilitators.-
Operations management: support Product Owner with operational activities at the Product/Product Family level (ex: financial management/reporting, risk log management, resource dependencies)- .
- Contribute to all data and analytics activities including idea generation, requirements, project planning, frameworks, building roadmap, etc.- Drive delivery of data and analytics initiatives end-to-end including developing plans, resource plan, scope, tracks dependencies and risks and develop mitigation plans and executes accordingly.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Leading Agile transformations, technology transformations and operating model design in the data & analytics space. Leverage knowledge of software development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment, applying recommendations to team organization to drive efficiency and transparency.
- Assist in strategic partner engagement and service model in support of the operating model transition and transformation. Assist in the creation and enforcement of technology best practices, configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks to data engineering, data science community.-
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
- We are looking for a Sr. D&A Delivery Manager / Scrum and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
Master's in engineering or sciences or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Total relevant experience of 8+ years in major global Tech organization.
- 3-5 years of experience with an enterprise software product company in an Agile or SCRUM environment, with at least
- 2 years worked as a Scrum Master. Scrum Master certified and/or demonstrated experience in managing Scrum projects in sprints.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles and track record in delivering business impact through process and Tech enabled solutions.-
- Working experience- in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design or
delivery. Deep knowledge and experience using proven Agile and lean principles, practices and methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and iterative delivery.
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills.-
- Experience with Agile engineering practices such as Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and Pair Programming in D&A products.
- Experience in change management consulting or organizational transformation with proven ability to lead data & analytics self-service transformation efforts.
- Knowledge of with solution architecture, design, development, and understanding of data life cycle. Familiarity with emerging technologies and ability to speak to the trends.
- Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing and partnerships with Technology start-ups.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities, Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.