GSK - Project Manager (4-8 yrs)
Full-Time, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- In 2019 we entered into a joint venture with Pfizer Consumer Healthcare to create a new Consumer Healthcare company, home to some of the world’s most trusted brands including Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol, Advil, Theraflu, Centrum and Caltrate. This joint venture was the first step in our plan to separate and become two new publicly traded companies, each with the ability to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Over the next two years, we’ll be rolling out a significant transformation programme – called ‘Future Ready’ – to help us create the world’s largest standalone Consumer Healthcare company and a new leading biopharma company with an R&D approach focused on science relating to the immune system, use of genetics and new technologies.
- As part of this programme we’re excited to expand our presence in India with a new world class Global Capability Centre (GCC) in Bangalore. It is our ambition to bring together the best and brightest minds, ready to join us in our work to improve the lives of patients and consumers around the globe.
- The Project Manager will help to successfully manage transformation programs & projects in the GCC in a structured and timely way. This role requires working collaboratively with an array of leaders to design, execute, and lead multiple teams through organizational transformation efforts of varying size and complexity.
- This role will utilize project & change management principles, processes, and tools to focus on driving financial and operational results for our stakeholders; designing strategy, assessing stakeholder impacts and organizational readiness, recommending and/or implementing appropriate communication, and training, and measuring effectiveness to enhance organization, group, and individual performance.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The role will be responsible for all project phases and leading the execution of assigned projects.
- Manage day-to-day activities, including scope, financials (e.g. business case, budget), resourcing (e.g. full-time employees, roles and responsibilities, utilization), timelines and tollgates, and risk management
- Identify improvement and efficiency opportunities across the projects led by the senior project manager
- Implement project reviews and quality assurance to ensure successful execution of goals and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Consistently report and review progress to the Project Management Lead, Steering group and relevant stakeholders.
- Flex across a variety of different transformation initiatives across all our global support functions (Finance, HR, Tech, Communications, Compliance, Procurement and Legal) and develop project delivery strategy to deliver complex business cases
- Have a detailed understanding of the GSK portfolio, principles and company direction and embed these in the projects.
- Engage with the wider GSK project management community and update the community on learnings.
- Partner with the Project Management Lead and the team in implementing the Transformation roadmap for GCC
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional leaders and project team members
- We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- Your past roles would be as transformation/program/project/workstream manager or PMO/transformation office manager in sizeable transformation programmes in global corporations
- Demonstrable track record of delivery and impact in managing/delivering transformation, with minimum 7-12 years’ experience in project management & transformation
- Experience in process improvement, continuous improvement, change management, operating model design, data analysis and visualisation
- Project management experience in Pharma is a plus, but not mandatory (Minimum requirement is a good understanding of the industry)
- Project management certification (PMI/CAPM or PMP/PgMP, PRINCE2)
- Understanding & application of Agile/ Lean/ 6σ principles
- Familiarity with Service Management lifecycle (e.g. ITIL)
- Project Management tools and applications such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence, PowerBI
- Agile (SAFe/SCRUM) and Lean Six Sigma Certifications
- Excellent interpersonal (communication and presentation) and organizational skills
- Problem solving abilities and a can-do attitude
- Confident, proactive self-starters, comfortable in managing and engaging others
- Effective in engaging, partnering with and influencing stakeholders across the matrix up to VP level
- Ability to move fluidly between big picture and detail always keeping the end goal in mind
- Inclination toward collaborative partnership, and able to help establish/be part of high performing teams for impact
- Highly diligent with close eye for detail. Delivers quality outputs
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include:
- Patient Focus
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well