GSK - Principle - Procurement Data & Analytics (5-10 yrs)
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
Are you a Procurement expert with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
GSK Procurement is a pioneering, influencing function with approximately 800 members across 50 countries who buy goods and services on a global scale and support our core functions. But we do more in global procurement than just purchase things. We partner with business units to drive value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets to ensure a secure supply in all areas of our business - from pharmaceutical development to consumer health products. With a stream of diverse and interesting projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Accountable for all Procurement data and reporting for Procurement performance indicators, from extraction and data transformation/enrichment to visualization in dashboards and advanced analysis tools.
- Ensure integrity and transparency of the data sources and manipulation steps across all systems, including legacy systems.
- Deliver an insights & analytics service to procurement, building & prioritising a pipeline of opportunities throughout the sourcing project lifecycle to improve the quality, efficiency and results of procurement activities & to help maximise opportunities.
- Act as a functional expert, translating GSK Procurement and stakeholder needs, agree the most optimized and balanced solution.
- Work with the Procurement teams to understand the insights that they are trying to achieve and then work with the Tech teams to extract, cleanse and build repeatable processes to maintain the data.
- Work with Category Managers to support them in cleansing spend information in GSK's - Spend Cube-, providing accurate visibility of GSK's spend across all markets and sites.
- Support the development of enriched Procurement supplier data, linking together master data sources with transaction level detail to enable detailed analysis.
- Working with GSK's Tech and Finance partners, build and transfer knowledge/expertise on GSK data and BI (systems, feeds, governance).
- Procurement organization knowledge (scope, purpose, indicators, needs) used to ensure the requirements are in line with the true information needs from Category managers and Procurement operations managers.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement to reporting operations and data processes, and ensure efficient operations with the offshore service teams.
- Ensure smooth monthly BAU reporting cycle, making sure we receive the correct data on agreed timescales for dashboard and reporting refresh.
- Keep up-to-date regarding advanced analytics, industry best practice and future technologies
- Provide actionable insights to procurement and the business using multiple data sources, which deliver significant business value.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to procurement data sets
- We are looking for Data & analytics manager and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Spend analysis implementation with a strong technical, problem solving and analytical mindset
- Procurement related experience (as a solution provider, consultant or practitioner)
- Excellent Excel, Power BI, QlikSense and data analysis skills with high levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Strong experience of spend data enrichment - e.g. rationalise vendor information, implement parent/child vendor relationships, implement category rules
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, fact and dimension tables, and data modelling
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain close attention to data
- Experience of managing or working with offshore teams
- Experience with SAP procurement solutions preferable
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well