GSK - Principal - R2R GPO Transactional Processes (3-8 yrs)
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Principal R2R GPO Transactional Processes
Full-Time, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Our Close and Controls area contributes to the performance of the finance team supporting the Regional Business Units by delivering right first-time reporting and analysis which is insightful, fast and supports the business to develop accurate plans in a strong controls and assurance environment.
In Finance, we work together to provide vital and highly valued support to drive our GSKs strategic priorities. Were looking for agile, high-performing talent with a background and experience in SAP and/or Trintech solutions, among other areas, to join our new team in Bengaluru. This team works with people across our commercial businesses worldwide to make the most of our tools and processes to drive performance and transformation. As part of a modern, technology-led Finance function delivering world-class service, youll have the opportunity to develop your skills to progress in your career while working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following
As the Global Process Owner (GPO) for Transactional Processes you will be accountable to the business for the definition and operational effectiveness ensuring the processes within your scope are designed to ultimately drive business benefit and to make it easier for employees utilizing these processes.
Assessing external benchmark and best practice trends, as GPO you will support definition of the long-term GSK-wide process vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, as well as the operating model required to effectively execute the process in scope while ensuring the process vision is aligned with GSK business and IT strategies. You will work very closely with the Regional Service Delivery Managers, BPO and other GPOs across the business, to understand touch points and align on opportunities.
In consultation with business and operational teams you will lead identification, prioritization, and delivery of process improvements, ensuring they support organizational outcomes and business results, driving down GSKs Cost to Serve to be upper quartile. Additionally, you will need to ensure the process framework is sustainable by monitoring adoption and adherence. Where improvements require IT system changes, you will be responsible for ensuring any system design meets business requirements, with a focus on strategic applications.
Define how GSK will move from the current state to the desired future state (for the process in scope), by:
- Establishing clear as-is understanding (issues and challenges)
- Partnering with business and operational teams to understand the issues and challenges with the current state and define and execute the roadmap to transition to the desired future state
- Continually assessing external and internal benchmark and best practice trends, identifying areas of opportunities and surfacing best practices for R2R
- Look at new technology opportunities like RPA, AI, and others to ensure GSK stays on the forefront of automation.
- Using Agile ways of working, prioritize the R2R Transactional services portfolio, working with multiple levels of the business to define problems and understand the business value of solving those problems.
- Setting up and running governance mechanisms (where appropriate) at tactical level (i.e. project execution, global / regional KPI tracking)
- Working with the sub-process managers on your team, evaluating potential initiatives assessing business / stakeholder alignment, priority, urgency, identify & drive benefits delivery with an acceptable ROI etc
- Creating compelling business cases for change and driving initiative approvals through appropriate governance channels
- Inputting into detailed solution / system design
- Developing and utilising robust prioritisation criteria and tools
- Align with other towers to ensure E2E processes are optimized
Process & Policy
- Design, document and deploy optimised, standardised processes across finance
- Define and Govern Taxonomy, Policy and Process
- Arbitrate on any issues related to clarity of taxonomy or where changes are proposed
- Review and update policy to optimise process
- Partner with FRMC to ensure controls are optimised to balance risk and efficiency
- Support Hubs and Ops centre Centres of Expertise for these processes including E2E taxonomy to optimise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure staff development and succession planning
- Partner with the Process and Systems director to develop a clear roadmap of ERP, RPA and Niche tools to optimise processes
- Establish a pipeline of processes that can be automated with RPA and partner with Genpact to deliver including those countries/regions not supported by Genpact
- Set the roadmap for the deployment of Cadency. Set the business requirement and roadmap for new Cadency functionality to drive process efficiency
BPSD and GSOP documentation
- Controllership GPO owns Cadency development including developing business cases to deploy advances in use of existing functionality
Optimise extraction of solution value:
- Ensure Performance Management Measures are in place and in use. These will be used in the Ops Board to measure compliance
- Drive resolution of process issues identified by Regional SDLs or BPO
- Monitoring operational efficiency and effectiveness KPIs (baseline and targets) partnering with business and operational teams to take corrective action, as required
- Assessing process adoption and process adherence / compliance triggering appropriate interventions, as required
- Owning the Community of Practice for their specific global process and using this community to solicit
Voice of the Customer
- Promoting a continuous improvement cycle (i.e. monitor, improve, monitor, adjust)
- Verifying that business case benefits are realized for any process related improvements.
We would like to speak to you if you have these experience and skills
- Experienced finance professional with R2R Transactional Process experience.
- Experience in managing the navigation of decisions and/or their execution through multiple parties in major, matrixed organizations.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a matrix team.
- Sound understanding of process simplification and standardization and proven experience in global process roll-out.
- Strong change management experience.
- Ability to think strategically at an operating model level as well as at a detailed process specific level. Ability to stay close to the ground to understand the real end-user experience and perspective.
- Senior stakeholder management skills and experience in engaging business placeholders.
- Prior experience in transformation and/or change programmes at global/enterprise level, with a track record of achievement in this role (typically 3-5 years of experience)
- Experience of SAP/ERP architecture.
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once, quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
- Ability to manage tasks, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Good knowledge of process design, lean sigma and other process improvement approaches across a global organization.
- Flexible to Work in shift operations to cater based on the business needs
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.