GSK - Principal Manager - Skills Transformation - Technology Domain (7-11 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. Tech Strategy and Performance is responsible for driving a cohesive strategy which aligns the Tech function in its role driving Innovation, Performance and Trust, underpinned by an increasingly high performing and purpose-led culture, to enable GSK's businesses to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The Lead, Skills Transformation role is accountable for enabling the Tech Skills Transformation strategy; as well as accountability for operationalizing, re-shaping over time, supporting and amplifying the Tech skills development priorities in support of the overall Tech Capability Development remit and other key Tech priorities as needed. The Lead will oversee the central standard skills transformation plan with direct accountability for defined results and the achievement of collaborative cross-organizational and cross -geo objectives.
- Range of duties include proactive leadership of the Tech upskilling plan including responsibility for processes and outcomes aligned to the Tech Strategy & Performance team actions including OKR/KPI tracking, Dashboard development, Skills progression and cost savings reporting, Location operations support, extensive engagement and coordination with outside vendor partners and Strategy & Performance LT members; managing and organizing of critical skills proficiency data and analytics in a systematic manner; and driving and managing applicable business reviews, stakeholder updates and executive business reviews.
- Additionally, the role provides leadership direction for prioritized strategic initiatives by analysing business priorities and stakeholder needs, leveraging the Tech Strategic Partner eco-system, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices developing strategic recommendations tied to business outcomes. The role will determine, identify and capitalizing on improvement opportunities, promote a cross-geo customer service environment; and demonstrating adaptability while building a continuous learning culture.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Strategic Partnership Programme, Tech Capability Development.
- The role is an individual contributor who works in a matrix structure in a multi-geo team. The main accountabilities of the role are:
- Ability to partner with stakeholders across Tech and across the organization using data driven methodologies related to learning activities, skills gap assessments, learning progression and current industry knowledge to drive measurable strategic skills development and upskilling capabilities aligned to business priorities with specific attention to cloud, data & analytics and agile ways of working and a product based operating mode.
- Demonstrates strong capability to identify opportunities and influence forward progression utilizing full eco-system leverage, to proactively enable upskilling with customer-oriented cost-effective solutions at pace.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by managing solutions to key Tech priorities and initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the enablement, execution, and evaluation of appropriate Tech skills, plans and initiatives; Partner evaluation and scoring, benchmark analysis, and proactively managing Tech efforts in the area of skills enhancements, skills transformation and continuous learning behaviours.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in learning and development, technology, Partner enablement and value driven analysis. Proactively collaborates with Tech Leaders and cross functional Leadership to enable strategy, operational efficiency, cost optimization, attainment of savings goals, and the mitigation of risk in managing assigned upskilling &
Skills Transformation activities.
- Fosters and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business and solutions needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results through data driven practices; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and maximizing location capabilities, and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Drives the successful uptake of our Skills Transformation through a matrix of capability leads and learning cohort leads across Tech applying Agile Ways of Working to ensure that our global practices reflect consistent terminology, approaches, methodologies and operating models where appropriate.
- Key Contributor to a strong, high-performance Tech Capability Development Team with a focus on collaboration, influence, People & Performance, Inclusion and Diversity and psychological safety. Deliver actionable recommendations to business technology leaders, so they can leverage planned capabilities to enable their future-state business capabilities
- We are looking for a Principal Manager, Skills Transformation and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you. Extensive organizational change management and/or Learning and Development expertise is strongly preferred along with extensive direct experience leading through significant Tech Skills transformation in a large multi-national enterprise at a global scale.
- Able to identify risks and issues and proposes resolution and mitigation strategies.
Strong relationship and stakeholder influence with business-critical partners and stakeholders (Tech Capability
- Development LT, Location Leads, and Strat & Performance LT in particular).
- Strong leadership skills with experience working across geographies to influence the achievement of common goal and strategic priorities at pace.
- Tech professional with leadership experience in Learning and Development, engaging Strategic Partners, demonstrated experience with Agile ways of working, upskilling, organizational change management, and technical skills development.
- Innovative, Thought Leader. Comfortable with a balance of ambiguity and the ability to embrace and proactively drive skills transformation evolution.
- Highly professional and authentic role model of GSK values & expectations.
- Experience of building organisational capability. Passionate about life long learning and development.
- Strong influencing, engagement and presentation skills - requires cross-enterprise global stakeholder management,
alignment of function-level leader activity with enterprise strategic goals
- Awareness of Agile ways of working, Technology and Digital to build credibility to stakeholders.
- Experience in leveraging strategic partners to deliver results.
- Ability to focus on the things that make a difference and get things done
- Proven ability to take responsibility, solve problems and deliver in a challenging, time-sensitive environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years related experience in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science or related field
- Experience leading Skills Development activities and/or business change management operations at a global level.
- Minimum seven (7) years developing data driven solutions.
- Demonstrated Tech upskilling experience with strong business and digital acumen
- Prior experience managing or involved in strategic activities or projects with a track record of high achievement in this role
- Demonstrated leadership experience involving extensive problem solving, and the demonstrating ability to create opportunities without compromising our strategy
- Track record in successful delivery of solution design, programme and project delivery and/or service management experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment across functions, geographies and cultures.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.