GSK - Principal - Beyond Innovation/Analytics (10-15 yrs)
Principal Beyond Innovation and Analytics
Full-Time, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. This role is responsible for leading a team that provides analytics, research/intelligence and operational capabilities to support the Beyond leads in their efforts to: Think Forward, Investigate and Provoke new disruptive strategies, technologies, healthcare solutions and collaborative partnerships which are crafted to advance GSK’s Strategic direction.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Provide analytics support for all Beyond activities (MAPs and strategy development).
- Data gathering, analysis and knowledge extraction.
- Provide research and intelligence support for all Beyond activities (MAPs and strategy development).
- Collate research from a variety of sources, produce reports, apply takeaways to help frame current and future Beyond activities
- Support the cohesion, continuity and timeliness of team activities aligned with the agreed mission and objectives
- Maintain the Beyond operating framework
- Track and report on progress of Beyond Objectives / OKRs
- Establish and maintain the Beyond Dashboard
- Establish and handle the Beyond Finances/Budget
- Provide Procurement support for all Beyond leads (ensuring alignment with budget and GSK policies)
- Lead the FLP rotations in Beyond: Identify new FLPs, coach/mentor them through their rotation, ensure engagement with Beyond Leads
We are looking for a Principal Beyond Innovation and Analytics and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 10+ years in directly related Technology or Life Science roles (with significant portion of time in leadership positions)
- Proven expertise in the primary functions and management of complex organizations, systems and processes.
- Ability to demonstrate basic proficiency in one or more of the Specialization Areas and be positioned to support the activities of the team
- Should demonstrate advanced proficiency in one or more of the Specialization Areas and be positioned to lead some/all the activities of the team
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Technology, Life Sciences or Organizational Management is preferred
- A broad experience background in analytics, intelligence and operational disciplines, learning agility and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Provide support to the analytic, intelligence and operational needs of Beyond activities as they are identified and incorporated into a working portfolio to achieve the Mission and Vision of the Beyond
- Ability to discern the value and relevance of new technologies and support a prioritized portfolio of experiments leading to potential solution(s) constructed from a combination of previously unrelated components
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) are required, along with collaboration skills.
- Influencing skills are essential to success (as we’re dealing with change and out-of-the box thinking). The ability to paint a picture that describes something that does not yet exist and optimally express the potential is key to success.
Managing small team of Beyond Managers and FLPs (graduates) with their day to day work, development as well as mentor and support where required.
- A working understanding of cultural influences around the globe is a regular part of this role, to understand how different countries/cultures introduce and address change and adopt new paradigms.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.