GSK - Manager - Study Delivery (8-12 yrs)
Job description :
Site Name: Bengaluru Luxor North Tower
Would you like to be part of GSK's emerging clinical leadership, with an opportunity to accelerate quality efforts across clinical operations on a national and global scale? If so, this could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
As a Clinical Support Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Director of Quality, Training and Capability Development with all required activities to achieve business goals.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage and lead a team of Study Delivery Specialists (SDSs) within the structure of Rx & Vx Global Clinical Delivery Management.
- Ensure appropriate level of qualified and trained resources to support study delivery and the delivery of Human Subject Research studies within deadlines, budgets and quality, according to ICH/GCP, company control documents and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for quality practices, management monitoring, control documents development, improvement support and training related to SDS role.
- Recruit, retain, lead and develop a team of SDSs, supporting study delivery.
- Lead and direct staff by providing key objectives aligned to company vision and strategy, setting clear objectives, expectations and feedback on performance, and opportunities for development, coach and keep staff motivated during heavy workload and changing priorities.
- Decide upon appropriate allocation of SDSs to clinical projects/studies to reflect business and development needs in collaboration with SDLs and TA/ RDC Heads.
- Establish SDS performance measurement, track performance and identify corrective actions.
- Provide leadership, direction and vision for a team of up to 15.
- Contribute to SDS capability building by supporting onboarding and community forums.
- Guarantee adequate oversight of the quality of clinical studies. Responsible to set and implement management monitoring of SDS roles related processes.
- Ensure that a level of Quality Control (QC) is embedded in SDSs day to day activities.
- Ensure Harmonization of practice at task/activity/process level for SDS, to ensure consistency, high quality and efficiency.
- Drive the implementation of new practices and best practice sharing.
Resource Allocation and budget:
- Define and analyze resources requirements as per study projections and business needs in collaboration with Asset
Leads (AL) and TA/ RDC Heads as well as Integrated Resource Management (IRM) output.
- Ensure resource prioritization according to Business priorities - work hand in hand with the SDLs and TA/ RDC Heads
Support TA/ RDC Heads with budget associated to SDSs.
- Set-up and make the interface with any Functional Service provider for study delivery activities. Ensure oversight of vendor activities.
- We are looking for an experience individual and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- University Scientific Degree (General Science or Life/Health related Science Degree )
- 8 to 12 years of significant experience in managing clinical operations with strong knowledge of ICH/GCP and
Regulatory requirements driving clinical development.
- Experience in People Management and management of resources from different sources in different locations (internal, external, functional service providers).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of clinical operations and activities associated to study delivery.
- Strong knowledge ICH-GCP and Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of written & spoken English, Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Knowledge of Industry and CRO world. Experience working with functional service providers.
- Strong customer orientation, ability to work beyond silos with a strong service provider mindset.
- Able to manage and lead teams across geographical boundaries; leads by example and promotes collaboration, effective communication and leadership in others.
- Proven experience in effective people management in global and remote environment (more than 10 staff members)
- Effective at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Able to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global environment.
- Experience in international settings, able to build alliances and influence across national and cultural boundaries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including strong ability to network and negotiate at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent listening and coaching skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of delegation, empowerment.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback that is balanced, with suggestions for areas of improvement.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.