GSK - Manager - Project Data & Integration Management (7-9 yrs)
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Job Description :
- With GSK R&D moving into a more project centric organization, it is critical to ensure excellence in project management. In that context, the Project Data and Integration Manager are in charge to improve integrated drug/vaccine development asset planning by rigorous project plan management within the planning systems across the R&D enterprise. This role will ensure optimal planning support to the accountable Project Manager. This role will deliver high quality development schedules / plans based on analytical data, benchmarks and information from the Drug/Vaccine Development Team.
- This position must become a trusted partner to, interacts early and closely with the accountable Project Manager and the associated Functional Lines to build & maintain high quality drug development schedules / plans in the system.
In addition, to ensure the accountable Project Manager is able to focus on strategic activities and inputs, the PDIM organization will support them with a number of activities related to the integration of the projects: MDT/VDT Communication and Information management support,
- Performance Management and Project reporting support, Risks Management support and additional support.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following :
- With input from Line Manager and assigned Project Manager, this role delivers high quality drug/vaccine development plans based on analytical benchmark data, specifically the role initializes and maintains an accurate integrated plan schedule, works with the development team and functional lines to create plans with the appropriate work packages (i.e., reflecting the work required)
- This position must understand the importance of accurate data, how to use it through acquired technical skills, and how to interpret data to draw conclusions (with support from line managers/Senior PDIMs and as needed) so that others can make decisions and problem solve.
- Responsible for developing the schedules for activities and deliverables for traditional R&D development Projects (all phases: from pre-CS through Phase IV ) to an appropriate level of detail that enables the evolving business needs
- Expected to recommend changes as opportunities present themselves to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects to stakeholders
- With direction of their Line Manager, maintains the system data quality by assuring schedule compliance to established business rules, standards and ways of working along with the accountable Project Manager
- Responsible for selecting the appropriate Work Packages within the planning system.
- With support from line managers/Senior PDIMs as needed, build the associated schedules to drive Total Project Cost (TPC) forecast estimates; forecast cost (EPE) and resource (FTE/IPE) associated with integrated plans.
- Partner with key stakeholders including functional Project Managers, etc. to ensure plan schedule alignment to intended strategy.
- Can contribute to scenario planning through developing alternative planning schedules for development team and portfolio decision making.
- At request of accountable PM, develop scenarios & recommends alternatives to current plan with support from line managers/Senior PDIMs
- Build status reports across key project control performance areas with Analytics Team.
- Gain alignment with the Project Manager to enter risks in the risk register or plan schedule and translate these into development schedule.
- Support integration activities related to the communication and information management for the EDT/MDT/VDT (eg. Teamsite maintenance, Archiving of project documentations, presentation) or the building of high performing teams thanks to efficient meetings or workshop support.
- Ultimately, when bandwidth and capabilities allow, can act as a junior project manager role for simple development project.
We are looking for an experience individual and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you :
- 7-9 years of experience understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development and project management
Stakeholder accountability (e.g., functional line team members, project managers)
- Demonstrated experience in range of role essential skills (e.g., data analysis, problem resolution, enterprise wide project management tools)
- Ability to present data and visualizations in effective ways to audiences at varied levels within an organization
- Natural curiosity and the ability to explore new ideas and interrogate data.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, the ability to develop solutions with minimal support.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.