GSK - Manager - Beyond (2-5 yrs)
Manager Beyond GSK
Full-Time, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. Our purpose is to help redefine the role of GSK in healthcare. Do to this the Beyond GSK Manager will drive the delivery of experimental projects as we seek to identify, evaluate, and incubate new technologies. Further, you will support the Beyond Innovation Leads on strategic partnerships, helping identify, and develop key relationships across the health ecosystem.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work directly with the Beyond Innovation leads to develop critical relationships with potential partners (academic, VC, PE, biotechs and aligned start-ups), ensuring alignment with GSK's strategic direction(s)
- Execution of the Beyond Strategy(ies), working with the other members of the Beyond (and key partners/stakeholders) to advise new insights and initiatives
- Communicate, in coordination with Beyond leadership, to internal stakeholders and contributors as well as external suppliers/partners/collaborators/researchers
- Research and evaluate new technologies, ideas, start-ups, partners, healthcare advancements, industry developments
- Responsible for the management of the Beyond ecosystem of relationships and partners to advise / coordinate with the Senior Director of Beyond GSK on strategic direction
- Lead on the setup and development of partnerships in coordination with Beyond Senior Leadership
- Evaluate experiments for viability and recommend appropriate next steps
- Provide periodic updates on progress and breakthroughs, raising issues and seeking assistance when necessary
- Work with key business stakeholders to drive innovation thinking
- Collaborate with business specialists on innovation projects
- We are looking for a Manager Beyond and if you have these skills, we wish to speak to you.
- Ability to demonstrate basic proficiency in one or more of the Specialization Areas and be positioned to support the activities of the team
- Demonstrate advanced expertise in one or more of the Specialization Areas and be positioned to directly influence some/all of the activities of the team
- 2-5 years in directly related Finance, Technology or Life Science roles
- Demonstrate expertise in the assessing signals and developing guidance advice and communication materials.
- A broad experience background, learning agility and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Significant experience with venture capital and/or private equity or working at a start-up company.
- Previous experience in new venture setup or corporate partnership is preferable.
- Develop positive relationships with key ecosystem partners that Beyond (and its stakeholders) will use in order to support the targeting and delivery of potential opportunities
- Ability to anticipate/extrapolate the value of new technologies and correspondingly advise the construction of a prioritized portfolio of experiments leading to potential solution from a potentially unrelated combination of components.
- Ability to coordinate multi-party agreements and project managing conflicting priorities towards a single joint objective.
- Significant communication skills (written and oral) are required, along with strong listening skills to both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, networking and influencing skills are essential to success (as we- re dealing with change and out-of-the box thinking). The ability to paint a picture that describes something that does not yet exist and optimally express the potential is key to success.
- A working understanding of cultural influences around the globe is a regular part of this role, to understand how different countries/cultures introduce and address change and adopt new solutions.
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
- Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.