GSK - Global Medical Data Analyst (5-10 yrs)
- This is an ideal role for an experienced candidate passionate about insight generation from Healthcare data and wishing to grow their career towards finding critical solutions for unmet patient needs. It is a brand new role supporting the newly formed GSK md2i (Medical Data 2 Insights) organization.
- The Global mD2i (Medical Data to Insight) Data Analyst applies his/her business problem solving and analytical skills to drive the investigation and resolution strategy of data, findings, and analytical capabilities needs, as articulated by md2i Medical Insights Leads. He/she assesses and prepares current or proposed data for insight needs and guides the data curation and engineering activities of the md2i informatics platform. He/she works closely with the mD2i data scientists to provide clean datasets and data analysis that supports the functional and non-functional requirements elicited.
- He/she also does quality assurance checking of the output of the NLP models. He/she also analyses and generates initial findings in partnership with md2i Medical Insight Leads. The successful candidate is a self-starter team player who will become a member of a cross-functional team that brings together best in class Informatics, AI, engineering, medical, product and customer expertise to help md2i tackle challenges it is focused on.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Conduct and create "Initial Reports" that describes data suitability for insight needs and refines analytical approach with Medical Insight Leads and other product stakeholders.
- Works with data scientist to determine appropriate advanced analytic solutions for more efficient customer focus.
- Appropriately prepares or translates unstructured data into structured data to integrate with other data and analyses for use with insight discovery.
- Recommends data aggregation or curation approaches to the engineering team and data science team for building analytics capabilities.
- Determines appropriate data cleansing methods that are transparent and documented for understanding of the data with advanced analytics applications and outputs.
- Appropriately address data inconsistencies or challenges uncovered through data integration/synthesis and ensures effective communication with data scientists and other stakeholders for appropriate use and interpretation.
- Conduct thorough quality assurance of the data feeds as well as the analytical capabilities
- Assess inconsistencies with updated data feeds over time to ensure appropriate conclusions are based on true data findings vs. false findings due to messy, inaccurate data
- Develop compelling summaries that visualize the data through narrative dashboards to clearly tell a succinct story in easy to understand ways
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MA/MS/PhD in quantitative sciences in a Healthcare related field
- 5+ years professional experience in database management, data reporting and analytics, data visualization for business consumption, understanding of best practices with data structures for analytics and reporting, data manipulation, database and analytics skills to develop insightful measures for actions and decision making applied to healthcare-related problems.
- Proven track record of processing and deriving novel insights from big datasets for Medical or Life Science projects.
Proficient programmer in python and SQL.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written with the ability to influence across departments.
- Demonstrate analytic curiosity and a desire to understand challenges to contribute to matrix team reviews and strategic discussions for insight discovery
- Experience in designing experiments to generate findings and gain insights from medical information sources e.g. medical voice of customer feedback, customer listening, feedback from surveys and research, forums, online communities, social media/publicly available information, call center voice, scientific publications etc a plus
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities, Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.