GSK - Assistant Manager - EHS (10-15 yrs)
Site Name: India - New Delhi Jai Singh
- To lead the implementation of GSK & regulatory Environment, Occupational Health & Safety standards and manage activities pertaining to Environment, Safety & Occupational Health management to ensure safe workplace through efficient & cost-effective utilization of available resources.
- The job holder supports implementation of EHS standards as well as Govt.
- Legislation on these aspects in the External Supply and Warehouse/Distribution Network in North Hub.
Key Responsibilities (10 bullet points maximum):
- Describe the key deliverables to be achieved by the post holder and the ongoing responsibilities of the role
- To develop and implement EHS Strategy, annual safety plans in conjunction with the Senior EHS Manager and business which adequately budget for, and address, the changing needs of the business.
- To develop Environment, Health & Safety Management Systems in line with CEHS Standards and to provide guidance on these activities to business
- Champion and support compliance with GSK standards and other various initiatives in collaboration with the sites and above country functions
- To plan and control all Environment, Safety & Health related activities on a regular basis to ensure compliance of statutory requirements and GSK standards, ensure continuous improvement and facilitate the transfer of best practices across the business.
- Develop and implement local initiatives that provide effective solutions to current, and anticipate, the changing business needs to build and sustain a world-class safety culture.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility supervisors to improve systems and positively impact the safe operations of the business
- Carries out training & development programs on EHS based on needs identified and as agreed for bringing awareness.
- Works towards developing EHS capabilities and competencies to create EHS culture at all locations.
- Support and participate in EHS Gemba, Internal/External Audits.
- Develop / implement and monitor the progress of CAPA's as a outcome of audits
- Participate in conducting EHS audits at CMO sites, publish audit reports, track and ensure CAPA compliance.
- Provide formal reports and maintain records of all interventions and decisions to ensure information on Warehouse and Distribution is up to date and meets GSK document policies.
- Undertake follow up monitoring to assess progress in response to adverse events. Assist to manage and resolve any significant EHSS issues identified.
- Where required, provide information, training and advice on EHS management systems. Where appropriate, liaise/work with consultants to ensure an effective service is provided
- Liaise with GMS Quality, Technical to ensure effective communication, information exchange, mutual support and appropriate use of resources.
- Have knowledge on MSDS of all material.
- Develop and implement effective systems for disposal of Hazardous Wastes and maintain proper documents
- Carryout risk assessments in the area of Legal requirements, Fire and Electrical Safety, Life safety, Vehicle Movement
- Safety and implement effective control measures.
- Develop and implement Emergency Response Plan, Adverse event reporting system
- Develop incident reporting and investigation system.
- Develop and monitor EHS performance.
- Plan and deliver various training programs.
- Carryout Due Diligence EHS audits as and when required
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required:
A. Educational Background:
List any academic or practical education that must be obtained to be qualified to perform this role.
1. Minimum Level of Education:
The job holder should be graduate in engineering (preferably) or science with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as core subjects. International Diploma/post graduate qualification in Health & Safety or Environment Management from recognized board/university.
Area of Specialization: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
1. The job role requires the employee to have sound knowledge in science to understand the manufacturing processes.
2. Preferred Level of Education
3. International Diploma/post-graduation qualification in Health & Safety or Environment Management from recognized board/university.
Area of Specialization:
- Environment, Health & Safety
- The job role requires the employee to have sound knowledge on the country legal requirements, Environment, Industrial Safety and Hygiene aspects
B. Job-Related Experience:
- Job holder to have obtained in past roles within or outside of GSK that would demonstrate a level of proficiency in the stated role.
- Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
- Minimum 10 years of experience pharmaceuticals or process industry
- The job role requires the employee to carryout EHS audits at CMO sites and risk assessments and inspections at warehouses.
C. Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- Should have thorough knowledge of EHSS Standards, Management Systems and auditing skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements appropriate to the business.
- Working knowledge of ISO-14001 & ISO 45000 standard requirements.
- Excellent EHS topics training skills.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques & Emergency procedures etc.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.