VP - Operations & Delivery at Shell Info Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:1991 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Group Head - Legal (18-24 yrs)
- Compliance of business contracts and obligations and guide on consequences of breach of any provisions, thereby protecting the organization from any legal ramifications.
- Lead in the development of legal policies, process, and procedures as per law and the strategic objectives of the organization
- Review and update the company legal policy in accordance with new laws, and communicate the same to the different stakeholders.
- Develop a departmental annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with Business plan.
- Effectively attend to civil litigation, arbitration matters, criminal complaints, consumer forum complaints, matters before various law enforcement agencies and representing the organization and its sister concerns.
- Appear before various authorities, boards, councils, quasi-judicial authorities, local municipal and other authorities.
- Drafting, vetting of plaints, replies, documents for litigation and arbitration to ensure that they are in line with the requirements as stated by law and ensure that the litigation outcome is in favor of the Organization.
- Represent the organization in meetings conducted to brief lawyers/solicitors on ongoing and prospective litigation.
- Liaise with lawyers to review the progress of the litigation and arbitration to ensure timely follow up & closure of cases and keep the management updated on the status periodically.
- Drafting of property documents sale deed, lease agreements, leave and license agreements, MOUs, the agreement to sale and other property documentation. Advise on land-property matters.
- Drafting of all commercial and legal documents as per the requirement of the business to ensure that they are in accordance with the corresponding laws.
- Effectively liaison with solicitors, advocate firms or property acquisition or arrangement matters and ensure timely follow up and closure of desired arrangement. Keep management updated on development periodically.
- Design, augment and review contractual instruments which would assist and support various business activities including overseeing the drafting of documentation for admin / IT / HR vendor transactions and ensuring that the SLAs are well defined and audited.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Monitor compliance with the Corporation's legal and other obligations and, advise management accordingly.