Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:4236 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Group Company Secretary & Legal Counsel (20-25 yrs)
Job Title / Grade Group Company Secretary & Legal Counsel (AVP)
Reporting to: Group CFO and Corporate Head
Reportees: 5-6 managers
Job Location: Faridabad
Qualification: LLB and CS
Experience Around 20 years of relevant experience of Heading Legal & Secretarial Function preferably in capital intensive industries
Age 45-48 years
Job Responsibilities :
- Serves as a key adviser to the senior management on issues of Company governance, risk management, Company growth, policy implementation, internal and external communications relating to sensitive matters, strategic planning and execution, and special projects.
- Provide day-to-day advice to senior administrative staff with respect to matters of Company policy, risk management and, in conjunction with designated loss prevention and ethics specialists, professional responsibility matters.
- Experience in handling Litigation (Civil & Corporate Law), Litigation, Arbitration, Competition law, Labour Law, Tax Law, IPR as Patent, Trade Marks, Copy Rights & Design, contract management and agreements related to Merger & Acquisition, Joint Venture, Technology transfer, Non-Disclosure, Consultancy, Joint Development, Equipment procurement agreements etc.
- Manage litigation including preparation of briefs, co-ordination and briefing counsels for appearance in courts for litigation.
- Pro-actively ensure Statutory & Legal compliances in company's documentation, transactions and action to strategically liaise and successfully resolve all ongoing legal cases including litigation, arbitration, contract management, IPR
- Ensure and protect the legal interest of the organizations by ensuring proper management of litigation, minimizing risk of the Organization.
- Coordinates and supervises Legal Department engaged to represent the Company with respect to the resolution of potential claims against the Company.
- Coordinates and supervises all outside legal counsel engaged to represent the Company with respect to asserted claims or legal proceedings.
- Update the management on evolving judicial trends and legislative proposals, policy changes, amendments in-laws and important judgments passed by various Courts / Forums and the appraisal of the impact thereof.
- Leverage technology to establish best practices and procedures and Corporate Governance and liaise with various government and state bodies.
- Impart training t employees/channel partners on key policies and legal development and conduct compliance audits and investigations
- Advise group companies regarding to Secretarial Matters, compliances and handling matters related to the Board committees, Audit committees and General Meeting
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete compliance and documentation relating to all the corporate law matters of the group, conducting board, committee & shareholders meeting by ensuring all requirements of corporate law are met and related documents are completed on time
- Manage coordination of board meetings and AGM by circulating the minutes of the meetings and finalizing report on decision/ action steps for implementation purpose to avoid penalization by relevant authorities
- Drafting of various policies under the Companies Act and SEBI regulations i.e Whistle Blower, Archival of Documentations, Risk Assessment & Minimisation, Nomination and Remuneration policy, Dividend Distribution policy etc.
- Ensure compliance to SEBI & stock exchange listing agreement & norms by providing for understanding the requirements of SEBI & stock exchange and the changes on a periodic basis and ensuring compliance
- Provide company law related opinions to the top Management team and various business entities as and when required by being in constant touch with the business as and when the need arises and providing best course of action for business relating to corporate law compliance
- Support the top management on all strategic inputs and provide guidance and advisory in all corporate developments like IPO, capital and debt raising, mergers and acquisitions and JVs
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen
- Hands-on management style
- Energetic, proactive and sharp
- Team Player
- Good Leadership Communication skills
- Networking within and outside the organization
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.