Group Company Secretary - FMCG/Retail - LLB (17-25 yrs)
Mandated by a promoter driven Textile Company looking for Group CS/General Manager - Company Secretary for its Mumbai office.
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities :
Job Objective :
- Ensure compliance with Corporate law, FEMA (for all ECB and Overseas investments are timely complied), Securities Law, SEBI Laws, NBFC, Stock Exchange Listing Requirements and at all times protect the interest of the Organization, its Board of Directors and the Senior Management.
- Responsible for handling capital issues through the IPO / Private Placement routes including dealing in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), court processes for amalgamation and demergers to achieve in-organic growth.
- Compliance with Statutory requirements
- Responsible for preparing Charters for various Boards and Board Committees
- Prepare and update Ethical Codes for Board governance and Senior Management like code of conduct, code of ethics and insider trading code
- Benchmark Compliance in the Organization vis-a-vis Secretarial SOP
- Identify/formulate and run the process of Secretarial SOP's across Raymond Group
- Responsible for benchmarking SOPs as per global/Industry Standards
- Regulate monthly compliance with SOPs including the automation of SOPs
- Regularly visiting and improving the control mechanism by increasing the use of technology
- Ensure transparency in the governance process that is subject to an audit trail
- Board / Board Committees / General Meetings (including Postal Ballots)
- Ensure timely and regular holding of General Meetings, Board and Board Committee Meeting
- Responsible for comprehensive drafting of Minutes of Meeting and informing Business Heads about Board decisions
- Redress and close all Shareholder queries including overseeing the R&T (Register and Transfer) agents functioning and controls.
- Ensure all statutory Sections in the Annual Reports are drafted, approved by Senior Management & BODs and published, circulated and timely provided to Regulatory authorities
- Regulatory Approvals: Ensure proper liaisoning across levels at Regulator Offices and timely regulatory approvals
- Ensure that there is no compromise with regards to compliance and that all legal provisions are adhered to regularly
- People Development: Identify training requirements of team and provide inputs for growth
- Making the governance process more transparent and also having a buy-in from the Finance teams for better success.
- Ensuring information is made available by other Departments / Businesses on time
- To ensure advance agenda papers are comprehensive and are provided in advance to Directors
Key Value Drivers - Compliance (Error Rate, OTIF)
- Organizing Board Meetings (Time)
- Statutory compliance (Number)
- Regulatory Approvals (OTIF)
- Drafting and Implementing of SOP (%)
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate (Preferably Law)
- Member of the ICSI/any other Professional Body (Indian or Overseas)
- 17+ years experience with a reputed Group that has large number of entities
- Should have been Head of Department for at least 10 years in a Listed Company
- Should have handled Listing in India / Overseas
- Should have excellent and hands on knowledge of Share Accounting and Dematerialization process
Candidate must be a Mumbai based candidate.
- Leading & Supervising
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Adhering to Principles & Values
- Coping with Pressure & Setbacks
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Writing & Reporting