HR Revenue at Goldman Sachs
Views:1209 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Goldman Sachs - Asset Management Division Role - Fund Accounting (6-12 yrs)
MBD - Fund Accounting
About Goldman Sachs:
- The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
- Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
- The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
- Through careful consideration and analysis of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run.
- Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
- Direct Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Strategies, Private Equity Group teams within Controllers support the alternative investments within Goldman Sachs Asset Management division with oversight over complex private funds.
Job duties include accounting for funds which own investments in foreign and domestic real estate and/or securities investments which are accounted for using the equity method of accounting and fair value accounting.
Responsibilities also include:
Review of journal entries consisting of:
- Daily cash into and out of the funds
- Monthly management fee accruals
- Quarterly equity pickups where applicable
- Quarterly mark to market entries,
- Currency purchases
- Miscellaneous income and expenses
- Quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- Research of variances and reporting to Dallas / New York
- Cash reconciliations
- Financial statement including footnotes for some entities
- Trial balances and reporting packages for various corporate entities
- Investor reporting for the funds
- Regulatory reporting to various regulators
- Various other ad hoc management reporting requests
- Chartered Accountant
- Prior fund accounting knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
- Familiarity with electronic accounting packages
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fastpaced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.