HR at Goldman Sachs
Views:5322 Applications:1331 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1278
Goldman Sachs - Analyst - Global Investment Research - Single Stock (0-2 yrs)
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You- ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs- Global Investment Research division (GIR) delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
GIR produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
The role of a research business analyst based in Bangalore is to work closely with global analyst teams in producing cutting edge research. Analysts are aligned to a specific geography and sector and will be involved in compiling, summarizing, and analyzing market based data and writing research reports.
- Build & maintain basic models (for both covered and not covered companies)
- Market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Company specific projects
- Statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of data
- Listen to and produce briefing notes on comparative companies- conference calls not covered by the team
- Update monthly reports, marketing book, and weekly shells
- Update and maintain daily valuation sheets
- Check through annual reports for discrepancies/additional data
- Assist in writing research reports
- Master's degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field
- Minimum 6 months of experience in buy side/sell side research
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use.
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail