HR at Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Views:2104 Applications:247 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Godrej Consumer Products - Area Sales Manager (2-3 yrs)
We are looking for someone passionate and driven, to own, lead and successfully execute the strategy and growth agenda for Godrej Consumer Products in the East/South region, including developing strong win-win partnerships with channel partners, and coaching and developing a high performing team.
Why Godrej? Among the many reasons we could offer you, the passionate, purposeful people you get to partner with, tops our list.
Read on, if this sounds interesting!
Godrej Consumer Products :
At Godrej Consumer Products, an emerging markets FMCG leader, we are inspired by our purpose of bringing the goodness of health and beauty to our consumers across Asia, Africa and Latin America
Our Sales and Distribution Organisation:
Sales is where all the fast-paced, on-ground action is. Our agile go-to-market approach, built over decades, is the backbone of our company. Now, we are leveraging technology and predictive analytics and innovating for local contexts; deepening and widening our reach across India's multilayered 'micro markets'. Join us to train in and build future-ready sales systems and serve our consumers with greater precision and purpose
The sales organization in GCPL India comprises of around 600 direct employees with a footprint stretching across the country. The indirect sales force comprises of around 1000+ third party sales representatives targeting the rural markets in the interiors of the country and add to this 2500+ strong distributor sales representative which cover urban territories. GCPL, with a direct coverage of 5 lakh outlets in urban and 8.3 lakhs in rural and with a total reach of 60 lakhs outlet covering 70000+ villages, is one of the leading FMCG organizations in the country. We are market leaders in most of our Core categories- Hair Colour, Household Insecticides & Personal Wash.
What impact will you create?
The ASM role would be a key sales leadership role within sales divisional structure and lead the delivery of annual operating plan for the region. This role would report into the Head of Division.
1. Growth planning:
- Own and lead the growth agenda for the area: analyse internal and external data to identify, create and execute growth plans through systematic planning
- Leverages trade marketing inputs(schemes/activation) effectively looking atthe investment &opportunity to gain
2. Business partnering:
- Develop strong win-win partnerships with channel and trade partners, including creating joint business plans with a medium to long-term view
3. Coaching and skilling:
- Coach, skill, guide and inspire a team to implement the growth agenda, achieve stretch goals and drive best in class processes, while ensuring personal growth and development
4. Execution excellence:
- Lead and track the execution of the growth agenda in the region, including key processes and pilot projects, with a focus on quality
- Accurate stock planning & logistics and sales forecast at monthly level
To foster relationships and drive our growth agenda, you will need to travel regularly across your territory. You will likely spend 7-10 days traveling every month.
Who will you partner with?
Your manager - You will report to Zonal Sales Head in the region
- You will be supported by 8 Sales team members, who will report directly to you, and an extended team of 30
- You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from colleagues across our extended Sales organisation, which is led by Pradeep Kumar, Head - Sales (India)
Other partners :
- Internal: Logistics, Commercial, Information Technology and Human Resources team members
- External: Channel Partners
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including influencing, negotiation and communications skills to manage effective stakeholder relationships across teams; high on energy and driven
- Proven track record of strong execution, systematic planning, commercial acumen and critical thinking
Education - Post Graduate degree (MBA) in Sales & marketing
- 1 - 2 years of experience as an Area Sales Manager or equivalent in FMCG or allied sectors
- Experience of leading a team and influencing senior leadership
Our People Philosophy:
Tough Love is at the heart of our People Philosophy. We expect a lot from our team members, differentiate on the basis of performance and potential through career opportunities and rewards and lay particular emphasis on developing, mentoring and training. We believe that passionate, rounded individuals with diverse interests make for better Godrejites. And we understand that our team members play multi-faceted roles. This is why we encourage them, not just to explore their Whole Selves, but also create an enabling space for them to do so
An inclusive Godrej:
Before you go, there is something important we want to highlight. There is no place for discrimination at Godrej. Diversity is the philosophy of who we are as a company. And has been for over a century. It's not just in our DNA and nice to do. Being more diverse - especially having our team members reflect the diversity of our businesses and communities - helps us innovate better and grow faster. We hope this resonates with you. We take pride in being an equal opportunities employer. We recognise merit and encourage diversity. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination on the basis of nationality, race, colour, religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or marital status and ensure equal opportunities for all our team members
If this sounds like a role for you, apply now!
We look forward to meeting you