Go-Jek - Principal Product Manager (9-13 yrs)
Gojek is the largest consumer technology company in Indonesia, the world's 4th largest market by population. With over 25 million downloads, the Gojek app has become the leading transport, payments, courier, and hyperlocal shopping app in the country. Gojek is now the largest food delivery company in the world outside the China market, and is the equivalent of three Indian Unicorns combined in the transport, food delivery and payments markets.
Gojek has a unique entrepreneurial environment, spanning multiple products. If you're an independent thinker and all-rounded person, this is the place for you.
Product Management at Gojek will bring you closer to our customers and businesses in Indonesia and beyond across transport, payments, logistics, food and the retail industry. You- ll become the voice of our customers and partners by focusing on strategy and analytics, and working closely with design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to define a product vision and a plan to achieve it.
About the Team:
Gojek Mobility Products are now available across Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore. Transport team is the biggest product at Gojek. 70% of all Gojek transactions are from the Transport team. The Transport team has quickly ramped up cars and taxis products while continuously working towards adding additional mobility solutions and enhancing the end to end trip experience. The Transport team in Gojek follows an interesting organizational structure which allows people to work on both vertical as well as horizontal products.
About the Role:
Gojek is looking for an experienced, data-driven Product Management leader to lead the Product Management group within the Transport organization. As the Principal Product Manager for Transport, you will own the innovation and execution of product roadmaps for our journey experience. You will have a pivotal role in to define and execute on a roadmap to meet objectives and key initiatives for experience at each of the legs in the journey as well as overall end-to-end ride hailing funnel.
You will manage a group of Senior Product Managers and support cross-functional partners in driving the conceptual and technical development of transport products. As a key member of the Product Management leadership team, you will also help shape the strategic direction of the Product Management function at Gojek.
An ideal Principal Product Manager should have demonstrated experience in managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists and customer experience teams to deliver great products and solutions. A successful leader in this role would require strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams and a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results. You also need high empathy, for both your customers as well as your colleagues.
- Drive ideation, product strategy and execution for your product division, partnering with your product development team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze and report on key product product, business and customer metrics
- Plan and participate in user research initiatives with the design and user research teams to understand customer problems and identify and iterate on product ideas and improvements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in support, marketing, sales and business to develop product messaging, training and communications
- Work with our Business Intelligence and Analytics team to understand customer behavior and identify problems and opportunities
- Hire and grow the product management talent for your product division
- Build solid relationships with your peers in engineering, design, BI, research, strategy
- You- ll typically spend 30% of your time with your product development team, 30% of your time with cross-functional teams and 40% of your time in people management
- A Bachelor's / Masters or an equivalent degree, preferably in engineering or management.
- 9+ years of product experience including at least 4 years as a leader managing other product managers.
- Analytical and data-driven, you love digging into the data to understand what's happening and define & measure success on every project
- Successful track record in planning, developing and executing strategy for multiple projects while collaborating cross-functionally.
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to detailed execution.
- You- re entrepreneurial and are comfortable working in a complex and fast-paced environment
- You- re passionate about your customers and always bring questions back to what will serve them best
- You- re fluent in English and are a confident communicator
- Experience as a product analyst or data scientist or software engineer is a plus