Recruiter at Connexions HR Services
Views:1378 Applications:360 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:343
Global Procurement Officer - Heavy Engineering/Construction (8-10 yrs)
- Developing and implementing policies regarding purchasing methods and procedures, including bidding, bidding exceptions, and purchasing limits
- Negotiating prices with suppliers on behalf of the company to ensure that costs are kept low while maintaining high quality standards
- Strategizing to ensure that the organization purchases the best possible products while maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of their spending.
- Identifying new suppliers or potential suppliers who could meet an organization's needs
- Creating demand forecasts based on market research and industry trends in order to predict future demand for products or services
- Reviewing bids from suppliers to ensure that they comply with specified requirements
- Providing guidance to suppliers regarding company policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers to improve business operations
- Managing supplier performance by monitoring delivery timeframes and quality of goods or services provided
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure that there is enough supply to meet demand
- Lay down Procurement plans for different regions globally
Skills & Education:
- MBA preferred
- Global procurement experience in heavy engineering / construction
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong bargaining, influential and negotiating skills.
- Experience in International Importation and the operational and commercial risks that arise from having international suppliers.
- Good knowledge of purchasing principles, procedures, and terminology.
- Commercial Awareness/Entrepreneurialism to spot trading opportunities giving you a feel for where certain goods may be sourced effectively
- Candidates must have experience in Procurement/Sourcing finished goods from Suppliers Globally.