Senior Consultant at Kilpatrick
Views:3901 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:180
Global Process Expert - Finance Operations (10-16 yrs)
The Global Process Expert (GPE) should have a view of Business as Usual performance of the finance processes guided by the key defined metrics e.g. the reported measures from service delivery, finance league tables. The GPE supports the business (service delivery teams and local markets) by leading required process improvements and owning the prerequisites of a successful and transparent cooperation between the involved parties e.g. monthly calls, creating & tracking actions. Key information about the process is illustrated on a Process one-pagers to stakeholders.
The Global Process Expert for AP and Fixed Line is driving efficiencies, effectiveness and centralization of activities by formulating functional process roadmaps including S4Hana transformation and transferring it into execution and measurable results, providing in depth process expertise and data analysis of the end-to-end process, broad knowledge of the Core Business Model, SAP and all related systems, as well as understanding the links between the different Functions.
GPE also supports the Head of BAU on standard fixed line FinOps process implementation by reviewing existing processes, enabling them for S4Hana and enable for next fixed line acquisition.
The Global Process Expert will also oversee the compliance status within the process, from an internal policy, controls, audit as well as external tax, legal and statutory perspective.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Process Design (50%) : Based on in depth knowledge of the functional area, develop an expert level understanding of the E2E process, including CBM/ARIS, SAP and all relevant systems and act as subject matter expert for the process. Work with the other functions Global Process Experts for cross functional improvements i.e. with Technology and Supply Chain Management. Work with the Functions in the Central Teams (Process Governance Team, Centre of Excellence, IT), in Service Delivery and in Local Markets to translate identified improvement opportunities into executable actions or projects.
- Process Performance Management (40% ): Drive S4Hana roadmap delivery and perform ongoing review on process performance, including ongoing monitoring of master data quality, define appropriate reports, analysis and interpretation of data to identify improvement opportunities and liaise with both local market and service delivery teams to facilitate performance improvement actions.
- Process Compliance (5%) : Follow up on identified control and audit risks as well as review and propose changes to relevant policies to reflect Way principles and tax, legal statutory requirements.
- Process Comms & Change (5%) : Support the Head of BAU in managing a global community of stakeholders through the Process OpCom (or similar virtual team created from the functional experts in the SSC, across OpCo Fin Ops and EVO teams).
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and presentation) to summarize and explain complex issues to a variety of audiences. Able to work in a virtual environment in a multi-national environment
- Self-motivated to provide timely and good quality services for stakeholders- ad-hoc requests whilst managing priorities to ensure the completion of other longer-term deliverables.
- Data Analytics and Reporting Skills.
- Business acumen and ability to identify varied business problems and suggest solutions, even - out of the box-
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
- Experienced in international accounting standards (IFRS) and the telecoms market
- Accounting/Finance Degree with 8+ years business experience
- In depth system (including SAP) knowledge for the relevant process
- University Degree or comparable qualification
- Basic Project Management skills
- Lean 6 Sigma, DMAIC or comparable qualification
- Good Communication and presentation skills