Glenmark Pharma - Finance Controller (5-10 yrs)
Qualifications: Qualified CA(SA)
1. Minimum 5 - 6 years work-related experience
2. Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, Computer Literate
3. Valid Drivers license and own vehicle
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing the Finance functions/team locally.
Reporting to and adhering to corporate policies as set out by the Global Finance team.
a)Knowledge & Skills:
1.Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
2.Maintain stable performance under pressure
3.Communication (Excelling oral and written communication)
4.Negotiating and listening skills
6.Ability to persuade and influence other through strong interpersonal and communication skills
7.Excellent Excel and Presentation skills
8.High integrity and ethical standards
2.Professional outlook and appearance
4.High level of Self-motivation
5.Honesty and integrity
6.Good analytical and problem
c) Key Job Functions:
- Monthly MIS and analysis reports to provide clarity on MIS numbers to management.
- Responsible for full financial function including ad hoc queries, Flash Sales reporting, MIS reporting, IFRS reporting and Sales Forecast / Rolling Cash Flow reporting.
- Day to day running of the finance department including payment of statutory payments, suppliers, employees, etc.
- Inter account transactions and payments and reporting.
- Meeting with supplier, distributors and internal departments.
- Support Country Manager with info, data and slides for quarterly meetings.
- Assist with year-end audit and other audits required from time to time e.g. limited review audit, etc.
- Control over debtors and collection.
- Oversee projects to improve profitability and departmental cost control.
- Liaise with local bankers on bank accounts and approve forex payments.
- Ad hoc queries from head office.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Profitability on top 10 products and brands in MIS.
- Involved with approval of RCF file.
- Involved with Processing of IFRS additional reports.
Prepare, process and analyse
Long Range Plan: 5-year business plan approved by HO
- New in license product launch financial evaluation and stakeholder (head office) involvement with SOP.
- Investigating and viability of new products likely to be sold to market.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the companys actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the business.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Supervising finance staff and reviewing all financial reports, also improve report quality.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.).
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required. Move to next level and add more value.
- Technical expertise with more view on the business.
- Connect with HO and highlight issues proactively, e.g. cash flow, sales, etc.
- Involvement in business legal agreements as well as agreement negotiations.
- Improve debt collections by building relationships with Key debtors.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.