GlaxoSmithKline - Tech Manager (8-12 yrs)
Job Title: Tech Manager
Business Level 1: Corporate Business Services
Business Level 2: Corporate IT
Business Level 3: Consumer Healthcare IT (CH IT)
JOB FACTORS :
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Why job exists / what it must achieve :
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery :
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered. Particular role of IT Business Partner is to define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
Service Management & Delivery :
- To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analyzed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are taken.
- To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in scope and to lead/coordinate the CH IT response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Stakeholder Management & Business Partnering :
- Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business leadership teams on - art of the possible to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK Consumer Healthcare businesses.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Consumer Healthcare stakeholders on IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
- To work closely with the Consumer Healthcare businesses to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in CH IT strategies.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of CH IT strategies and solutions.
- To work with the CH IT Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and CH IT projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders at the right level - market, area and region level.
- Primary deliverables of role; it's scope; impact on strategy, policy, business or people relationships
In addition to above, this role has :
- Overall accountability that the in-scope market businesses obtain end-to-end IT solutions and services as needed to run the GSK Consumer Healthcare business.
- To be a proactive IT strategic business partner and thought leader for the business and their leadership teams.
- To ensure all local QRC requirements are covered to mitigate risks, ensure business continuity, meet regulatory and legislation requirements. And that all local QRC procedures, processes and activities are strongly aligned with GSK and CH IT policies, procedures and practices.
- To be a proactive member of the Sub-Regional IT team to lead and champion strategic initiatives on behalf of the region e.g. talent and people, strategy definition and deployment, service management and improvements
- Degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working
- Operate as a full member of Sub-Regional IT Team.
- Operate as a full member of the area Consumer Healthcare Leadership Teams.
- Manage relationships in CBS, CH IT and Business in the markets supported with the inherent complexity of languages, cultures and economies.
Work closely with key CH IT peers, CBS and other functional business partners, namely:
- CH IT Business Process Partners
- CH IT Enterprise Architecture
- CH IT Project Delivery
- QRC (Quality, Risk & Compliance)
- CBS Application Services
- CBS Enterprise Infrastructure Services
- CBS non-IT functions e.g. Procurement, Finance, HR
- Finance, HR, Legal and Procurement Business Leaders
- Pharma IT (as needed)
- Business teams particularly
- Commercial Excellence teams
- Finance teams
- Sales and Marketing teams
- Establish and drive effective and efficient ways of working (e.g. Customer Boards) to ensure that CBS and CH IT IT strategies and shared services are delivered seamlessly to in-country businesses.
- Work effectively using collaboration technology and tools
- Work with cross-functional teams around the world in different time zones
Specialised Knowledge :
- Breadth & depth across disciplines or functions; expertise in field required
- At least 8-12 years relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 3 years experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus. Experience in FMCG environment will be advantageous
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to think strategically, have proven project management skills and learns fast
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to details
- Hands-on experience in managing administrative aspects of the role (no admin support )
- Strong verbal and written skills