Talent Acquisition at Give
Views:381 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Give - Senior Vice President - Give Grants (15-16 yrs)
Give - Senior Vice President - Give Grants
About Give :
Give exists to alleviate poverty by enabling the world to give. Established in 2000, Give, together with its partners, is the largest and most trusted giving platform in India. Give enables individuals and organizations to raise and donate funds conveniently to any cause they care about, with offerings including crowdfunding, corporate giving, cause marketing, and philanthropy consulting. Give's community of 2.6M+ donors supports 2,800+ verified nonprofits, serving 15M+ people across the country.
We are an extremely rare workplace that brings a fast-paced, high-growth start-up work culture, together with a compassion-driven high-impact work environment.
Our Values : Integrity in everything we do | empathy towards all | serve with passion | focused on scale
Give Grants at Give:
Over the last 20 years, Give has partnered with hundreds of companies - from large ones like ICICI, HDFC, TCS, Google, Microsoft, Amex, KPMG, Coca-Cola to new age start-ups like Flipkart, Ola, Myntra and others - to shape the employee giving narrative across India. When COVID hit India, we launched the India COVID Response Fund (ICRF) and partnered with various institutions globally to deploy over 800 Crores of Give Grants (CSR, Foundation Grants & Employee Giving). Building upon this work, Give launched its Give Grants platform in late 2021 with the objective to make Institutional Giving bigger and better.
We believe that India needs Give Grants at significant scale, and with far better impact outcomes to solve for India's SDG challenges and investment gap. Based on our experience of Covid Relief, where we rapidly created opportunities and solutions for mobilizing and effectively deploying hundreds of crores, we believe we can be an end to end giving partner for institutions spanning strategy, design, deployment, compliance and impact assurance.
We also believe that there are significant opportunities to not just drive more effective usage of funds earmarked for the social impact sector, but also to bring in additional funds by creating leverage opportunities. We do this already through our collective (multi donor) programs; crowdfunding, workplace giving and fundraiser models and each of these can be scaled further.
Our go to market strategy for Give Grants has three components in the near term - sharp focus on CSR giving in India - build deep relationships with CSR decision makers and provide services for grant management, program management, impact reporting and CSR advisory. A 15 member India based team is executing this strategy. grow workplace giving and UHNI giving from the US to India - we recently entered into a strategic partnership with Indiaspora in the US, a 3 member US based team is setting up this vertical, using Give's expertise and Indiaspora's network. a comprehensive tech platform to enable better decision making for institutional giving - Give has a market leading SaaS platform for managing CSR giving that serves 75+ organizations. This platform, combined with our services, has enabled us to become an end to end partner for give grants .
We are looking for a strong entrepreneurial leader who brings business acumen, B2B business development expertise and a consulting mindset to build and lead Institutional Giving at Give.
As the head of Give Grants , you will:
- Create and execute on a bold vision to make Give the giving partner of choice for Institutions (corporates, foundations, U/HNIs)
- Own Give's go to market strategy in India and the US, across services and tech platforms
- Build a high-performance team, aligned with the larger purpose of Give
- Have complete hands-on accountability for growth, financial sustainability and quality of execution
- Serve as a public champion for our cause and establish our credibility as a platform
- Continuously explore the sector and maintain an active pipeline of institutions to partner with, for causes and value propositions that are aligned with their preferences
- Own day to day execution of donor pipeline and relationships, deal closure, service delivery, tech platform execution, operations and team management
- Be a part of the leadership team for Give, involved in the entire process of driving growth and impact for the organization
- An entrepreneurial mindset and experience, now motivated to leverage that to impact millions of underprivileged lives in India
- Strategic in approach with a very high bias for action. Executes effectively and efficiently, with natural comfort to be hands-on and with the willingness to jump in and do what is needed.
- Strong passion and intent for social impact
- A collaborative, people focused leader with the ability to drive the culture of the team
- Comfortable with a target driven, performance driven environment that can often demand stretch hours
- Ambitious, with a history of consistently exceeding expectations and steep career growth curve
- Total experience of 15+ yrs (e.g., Partner at Tier-1 consulting firms, CXO, VP+ levels), with leadership experience of at least 8+ yrs in B2B / give grants businesses.
- High comfort with services, as well as SaaS platform based delivery for institutional clients
- Development sector experience for at least 2+ years is preferable, but not a deal breaker for the right candidate
- Past experience of scaling a business unit from the ground up, ideally in recent roles