Director - HR at Gerson Lehrman Group
Views:108 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gerson Lehrman Group - Manager - Client Solutions (7-10 yrs)
Manager: Client Solutions
GLG is seeking a Manager (TL) for our Corporate Markets Client Solutions team in Mumbai with the objective of leading the team in the mid to long-term. The successful candidate should be well-placed to exceed commercial, development, compliance and people targets. In addition, he or she will execute and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in India/South Asia. Finally, the Team Lead will collaborate with Business Development in expanding our presence in the region, and work with the region's leadership team in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement account-specific business plan in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders to achieve Commercial Targets.
- Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near and long term.
- Take ownership of a book of clients in the Corporate Markets segment and deliver consistently high-class client service and lead by example.
- Expand commercial relationships with existing accounts via GLG's broader product suite that includes phone consultations, surveys, advisory engagements, Integrated insights etc.
- Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching of team members and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively managing team performance and people development.
- Facilitate high value engagements between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients while maintaining industry leading standards in Compliance.
- Support the Sales team in growing GLG client relationships in India including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post project client feedback, and occasionally in person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Work closely with the GLG Network Development Team by developing relationships with GLG's most respected thought leaders and business professionals.
- Program live in country meetings or teleconferences on relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of experience, ideally in full-fledged client facing/servicing roles that could be in consulting, Financial Services, market research, or other professional services or knowledge services or start up environment
- Strong go-getter attitude and track record of business growth turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals both strategically and tactfully.
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment with a passion for problem solving and a consistent client centric mind-set
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and interest, in some or all the following areas: Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or Business development, corporate development, product development, Product and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to engage senior professionals as a knowledge and research partner.
We seek bright, proactive, and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Express a strong desire to work within and lead a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time including multiple stakeholder management
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's insight network. Our clients rely on GLG's global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world's best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG's industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company's culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.