Founder / CEO at Hire Resources
Views:2424 Applications:381 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
General Manager - Supply Chain & Operations - FMCG (12-15 yrs)
General Manager (Supply Chain & Operations) - FMCG Client, Punjab
Our client is an established brand in existence for over three decades in the Punjab region and pioneer's in their industry - FMCG . We are looking for a SCM Head for their operations in Punjab, someone who can take charge of all the plants based at the Corporate Office with close co-ordination amongst all units and franchisee operations.
Job Title : General Manager (Supply Chain & Operations)
About the role :
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the leadership and facilitation of Supply Chain & Commercial functions in franchisee. To look after functions including Manufacturing Plant Stores, Finished Goods Warehouse (Plants), Sales Depots, distribution, logistics and Admin and Liasoning functions of Plants.
He has to constantly communicate with key personnel and line managers in the above functions the organization to ensure that they understand the organization strategy & planning to achieve organizational objectives & goals .
The key responsibilities are as follows :
- Complete Finished Goods Stores (Plants) & Sales Depots.
- Manufacturing Plant Stores (RM,PM, Engg.)
- Complete Logistics function of of the organization
- Complete Distribution & Production Planning of the organization .
Key Responsibilities :
The GM -SCM & Operations will be directly accountable for provide direct leadership to :
Plant Stores :
- To provide leadership and directions to Stores Manager for handling RM, PM, ENGG & Consumables stores.
- Accountability for the inventory strategy, plan, SOP and procedures of Stores Management.
- To provide leadership and directions to Distribution Manager to arrange the distribution of the products and ensure that the sales can be achieved effectively. Should devise sound policies for the entire distribution and supply chain process and present it to the senior management committee for clearance and implementation. Has to network with internal customers like the Sales Heads, Finance Manager, Factory Manager and other stakeholders while implementing a seamlessly set policy parameters in the entire supply chain management function.
- Should devise sound policies for the entire distribution and supply chain process and present it to the senior management committee for clearance and implementation
- To provide leadership and directions to Logistics Manager to devise & streamline the sound policies & procedures for Logistics & Transportation of goods from manufacturing units to company depots & distributors. in order to provide consistent & optimal service & supply all the time. To reduce the cost by using cost optimization techniques & processes in Transportation system .
Purchase Team :
- To provide leadership and directions to Dy. Manager Purchase in streamlining & improving procurement functions of company.
- RM / PM / Engg Goods and supervise all day to day activities of Purchase team
Production Planning :
- Production planning policies, monthly production schedule with attendant materials requirements planning based on the annual sales forecast.
- System to support the production planning & inventory control process with accurate, timely information.
- Accountability for the inventory strategy and plan & deployment of procedures.
- Capacity analysis and capacity plans, Strategic and operational planning models
- To carry out Business Analysis according to parameters of sales, production, logistics etc .
Legal and Administration :
- He will be responsible for overseeing the legal (Liaison) and administrative functions of the organization
- Ensure that liaisoning activities are done within given timelines and legal requirements are met
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes
- Monitoring all legal matters to ensure timely action.
Key Challenges of the Job :
- Development and implementation of a strategy, to deliver business centric Supply chain & Commercial Plans in a timely fashion, will require people, process and technology changes both within the SCM function and in the Cross functional functions to work with.
To deliver this change will require high quality and developed skills in the areas of :
- Communication and collaboration
- Understanding of business, its internal & external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to think, conceptualize and design various initiatives and provide innovative solutions to business.
- Need to transform and invigorate the entire Supply Chain & Commercial organization to ensure higher execution standards .
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- Knowledge of Logistics, Production Planning & Inventory Control, Warehousing.
- Business Enabler Mind-set - understanding of business goals as the end result.
Relationship builder - cross level ability to manage both internal and external relationships and influence key decision makers
Dynamic & motivated - self motivated and one willing to build a strong team focused on achieving business goals
Team Leadership - able to work across levels and geographies seamlessly, seen as a business
Experience Required :
- 12-15+ years of experience of having lead Regional or National Supply Chain Manager in Food & Beverages , FMCG or Consumer durable company .
- Experience of creating multi-channel strategy and proven successful implementation start up.
- Experience in Logistics , Distribution , Production Planning & Inventory Control " . Ability to learn and adapt to a changing environment in FMCG dynamics and in competitive landscape.
Leadership capabilities : drive relentless and deliver on plans whilst building a team and grow its members.
- High integrity
Location : Punjab
Looking for someone who can start early/immediately.
Budget : No constraint, approx. range of 30-40 lac per annum.
Interested and if the profile suits your experience and desired skills, please share your latest cv per return with these details below :
- Current Organisation:
- Your Current Designation/Position:
- You are currently reporting to whom:
- Your current Location:
- Total Experience:
- Relevant Experience:
- Highest Qualification/Institute/Year :
- Current CTC:
- Minimum expected salary?
- Notice Period Reqd :
- Are you willing to relocate to Ludhiana (Punjab):
- Team you are directly managing :
- Current Companies overall head count?
- Your reason for change (50 words):
Please revert immediately!