Research Associate at ABC Consultants
Views:634 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
General Manager/Senior General Manager - Purchase - Cement (15-20 yrs)
The PURPOSE of the position : The incumbent is responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price for JK Lakshmi Cement. To develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- To develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base. Also, to work alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives.
Responsibilities Strategic Management :
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Responsibility for Purchasing and Cost Estimating activities.
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- To achieve the defined KRAs of the department.
Purchase & Procurement Management (Raw Materials):
- To receive Material purchase request from manufacturing department.
- To float Inquiries & Receipt of the Quotation for the material to be purchased.
- Reduction in procurement Lead-Time by ensuring timely ordering & supply of the material.
- Ensuring reduction in Inventory Cost
- To initiate cost reduction projects and implement the same with time plan.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- To control purchasing department budgets.
- To participate in the development of specifications for material.
- To review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- To arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- To maintain records of material ordered and received.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Representing JKLC in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Vendor Development & Management :
- Strengthen & Develop vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy
- To maintain harmonious relationship with the suppliers & vendors.
- To resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
General Management :
- Managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer supplier power.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.