Principal Consultant at VAspire Management Consultants
Views:9711 Applications:384 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:344
General Manager - Secretarial & Legal - Automobile (15-20 yrs)
The Company Secretary will independently handle all the legal and company secretarial functions of the company, especially related to the Joint Venture.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A Company Secretary being multidisciplinary will render the following services:
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND SECRETARIAL SERVICES
- Advising on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and Other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines
- Assists in developing a corporate and social sustainability framework
- Handles the promotion, formation and incorporation of companies and matters relate therewith
- Responsible for filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative
- Coordinate the board/general meetings and follow-up actions thereof
- Transposition of Shares, Issue of Share Certificates and Duplicate Share Certificates (including Preferential allotment and Right Issue) and declaration of Dividend and Creation and Modification of Charges.
- Acts as the custodian of corporate records, statutory books and registers
- Manages the Secretarial/Compliance Audit
- Signing of Annual Return where necessary and responsible for other declarations, attestations and certifications under the Companies Act, 1956
- Incorporation of Companies, Formation of Firm/ JV
- Appointment of Managerial Persons and all the matters related to managerial remuneration.
- Drafting of Agenda, Notice and Resolution for the Board meetings, Committee meetings and for AGM (including Special Notices).
- Drafting Minutes of Board Meetings, committee meetings and Shareholders Meetings.
- Preparation of Search Reports, Due Diligence Report and Statutory Report etc etc.
- To Assist in Drafting of Various types of Agreements & Deeds along with the Legal team.
ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION SERVICES;
- Advises the company on arbitration, negotiation and conciliationin commercial disputes between various parties
- Acts as arbitrator/conciliator in domestic and International commercial disputes
- Drafts Arbitration/Conciliation Agreement/Clause
- Acts as Advisor/consultant in issue of shares, ESOP's and other securities in India and abroad
FINANCIAL MARKETS SERVICES;
- Responsible for compliance with rules and regulations in the securities market\
- Participate and assist Banking Services, Finance and accounting Services, Taxation Services, Information Technology
- Will also assist, participate, partner with internal and external stakeholders in areas of Corporate Social Responsibility; Communication with various stakeholders, like Shareholders, Government, Regulators, Authorities etc.
Industrial and labour laws
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Works very closely with the Finance and Legal departments
- Frequent interaction with executive management (CEO, BU heads, HR, ITetc).
- Must be a Qualified Company Secretary and LLB.
Must Haves Competencies:
- Good personal presentation, mature style and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Deadline driven
- Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal direct supervision
- Able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, taking straight and keeping promises
- Be courageous by being accountable, proactive and innovative
- Show care by listening carefully, seeking feedback and being community minded
- Ability to solve problems by being collaborative, creative and analytical
- Demonstrate fairness by treating people with dignity and taking a balanced view of circumstances
- At least 15-20 years experience in company secretarial role with minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing sector
- Track record of leading a team.
- Strategic orientation- Formulation & Implementation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.