Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:9307 Applications:709 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:208
General Manager - Purchase & Packaging Development - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
- Come and join our rapidly growing FMCG company, where agility and velocity are the terms we use in driving our brand through the global market!
- Our Client is the world's largest FMCG brand manufacturer and exporter with a legacy spanning over 120 years.They are publicly listed with 2000 employees and India's first integrated company with a comprehensive product chain. Our client is a billion dollar top line company holding 45% market share in India and 50% share in export market.
As the General Mgr - Purchase and Packaging Development, you will be handling the complete purchase and packaging entailing Vendor Development & New Packaging Development. You will be acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of the products.
What you will do :
- Leading the purchase and packaging development for the main product and ancillary product segment
- Identifying improvement of packaging material for existing products in terms of material structure, aesthetics, cost etc.
- Conducting stability study on the product packaging
- Sourcing and development of new vendors for packaging materials
- Monitoring procurement of packaging material though proper negotiation for cost and lead time through cost break- up and process analysis
- Conceptualizing and developing packaging for existing / new products
- Identifying and developing latest technology in the field of packaging material/system
- Drawing and implementation of Purchase policies under the approval of the management, and maintenance and updation of the Vendor data
- Providing innovative solutions for product protection and delivery
- Ensuring completion and maintenance of all packaging related documents like BOM, MPD, Change Control in a system
- Updation of specifications for all domestic, and export products
- Evaluating current vendors and analysing cost effectiveness or leakages using QA methodology
- Ensuring good quality packaging
- Collaborating with product development, marketing and internal stakeholders for institutionalizing better control over cost and quality
- Driving cost reduction projects along with Marketing team to deliver product margins
- Investigating and analyzing to strengthen prevention of complaints and cost leakage related to market complaints and competitive market
What you need to know / have :
- Graduate with Masters degree in Packaging/Materials preferred
- Male Candidates preferred
- Strong business acumen and commercial knowledge in vendor management/cost optimization/managing capex/quality assurance and legal regulations is a great plus
- Sound food technology and regulatory know how
- Highly professional in thought process and work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.