Business Head at AXO Recruitment & Staffing Services
Views:1958 Applications:425 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
General Manager - Purchase - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
1. Generate budget for Procurement
2. Centralize the purchase functions wherever possible, to gain an upper hand on negotiation thereby better discounts
3. Ensure proper system of reviewing stock, maintaining minimum inventory levels, monitoring reordering levels at all manufacturing locations
4. Manage assured & uninterrupted supplies of Raw Material like fruit pulp, raw milk, sugar, resin, ingredients; Packing Material like laminates, straw; cartons, tapes, labels, glue, caps etc; chemicals and consumables, promotional materials.
5. Ensure that Procurement plans & schedules are correctly derived from the Sales forecast & BOM
6. Keeping total vigilance on the market for exploring the right time of buying, spot purchases & maximum procurement at the most beneficial price
7. Plan strategy for negotiation based on various parameters viz. value engineering, international trend, demand supply, cross currency equations, etc.
8. Aim at significant reduction in procurement price through effective negotiations, market intelligence, reverse auctions, etc.
9. Exploring new ideas and concepts for cost saving by means of outsourcing, optimized packing, reducing freight cost, etc.
10. Vendor development in domestic & international market, which includes selecting the right vendor, quality establishment, finalizing all the commercial terms & conditions & contracting for long term, either with a fixed or variable price, after working out the market dynamics & benefits
11. Review agreements / MOU's & suggest amendments aimed at long term benefits
12. Design reporting models to the management on Purchase performance, cost savings, purchase standardization across sites & overall performance vis-a-vis budgeted on a monthly, quarterly & yearly basis
13. Ensure that the manuals are updated & upgraded for information's
14. Streamlining SAP and ensuring its smooth functioning
15. Ensuring best rates for disposal of scrap for enhancing the byproduct credit