Managing Partner at People Performance
Views:652 Applications:173 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
General Manager - Purchase - Chemical/Steel/Paper/Cement Business (20-25 yrs)
1. General Management :
1.1 Devising effective procurement and sourcing strategies; develop, plans and implement processes and procedures to ensure supply targets and performance goals are met
1.2 Creating and implementing best purchasing practice & continuous improvement initiatives to focus on vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance, process standardization, simplification and optimization.
2. Controls, policies and procedures :
2.1 Ensure purchase of materials of defined specification and in accordance with quality parameters on time.
2.2 Ensure that the correct procedures are followed in respect of all major procurement activities.
2.3 Ensure that the employees of Purchase department comply with legal and regulatory obligations and wherever appropriate, follow relevant best practice guidelines.
3. Contract, Services and Supplier Reviews :
3.1 Continuously develop vendors for critical Items for fair competition and better price negotiation.
3.2 Develop dedicated vendors for long term strategic buying.
3.3 Set up a process of review for all Contracts, Supplies and Suppliers ensuring that maximum value Is achieved.
3.4 Encourage effective contract management across the business with regular reviews, development of Service Level Agreements and key performance measures.
3.5 Build and develop cordial relationships with key suppliers/ business partners to ensure best value for money and customer satisfaction with services provided.
4. Strategic Activities :
4.1 Review and develop the Procurement Strategy covering each of the key business areas.
4.2 Drive e -procurement to procure goods & services faster and at better rates.
4.3 Set procurement savings targets each year in consultation with the President and monitor delivery against targets.
4.4 Benchmarking of global prices & best practices to improve efficiency.
4.5 Study price trend of critical materials and share future projection.
4.6 To keep a watch on market developments and initiate action for the benefit of the company.
4.7 Market survey and new subcontractor development and review the performance of the existing sub- contractors.
4.8 To study International Trade Agreements and other Import Policies concerning India and advise management for appropriate action to protect company's interest.
5. Team Management and leadership :
5.1 Providing leadership and managing a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reduction
5.2 Periodic review of quality assurance system of the Department.
5.3 Periodic review and identification of areas in which training and up gradation needed for personnel working in Purchase Department.
5.4 Manage and motivate staff in the Procurement Team to provide an excellent service to customers.
Personal Traits and other required for Position:
- 20+ years of experience in the Chemical/ Steel/ Paper/ cement industry in a senior Procurement role.
- Working experience as a Procurement Lead with a strong knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in reading the market.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Strong business acumen with a strategic and advisory perspective
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of Initiating and Implementing Digitized Procurement/ in SAP Environment.
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Positive, Goal Orientated with strong work -ethics.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.