Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:1453 Applications:308 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
General Manager - Operations & Logistic - Trading Firm (15-20 yrs)
Our client is a mid size trading company into Minerals and Mining having their business operations in Orissa
Gen. Manager, OPERATIONS and LOGISTIC
- Continuously exploring and locating the right kind of material/s, with sources in the circle of posting i.e. Mines / Plants etc. with the right grades, size, capacity and available stock.
- Checking and comparing the rates of different grades within each such circle.
- Responsible to maintain the data base of all such operational mines with production capacity of each grade of material/s.
- Analysis of material from different Pits and stack in each of such mines / crushers.
- Identifying Multi Sources Loading points and Multi destinations unloading points.
- Identifying Transporters who can transport from the Mines head till the final destination, timely and in the most efficient manner.
- Keeping track of rates (first hand, from different Mines Head) till delivery at destination as would be prevailing from time to time.
- Identify appropriate transporters for various destinations and to ensure average tonnage lifting as per target / Schedule.
- Rolling out the appropriate guidelines for the transporters, with norms and targets/ penalties incase of failure to achieve the set standards.
- Negotiate with transporters for cost effective transport solutions.
- Continuously monitoring and Analyzing loss in transit and undertaking measures to control and rectify the same.
- Provide Input for costing of the material as per the prescribe format for Road Transport & Rail Transport to different ports (majorly in east coast).
- Information sourcing of the nearby railway sidings and availability of racks (railway rakes), no of indents (destination wise) and our position & the lead time for placement of rake/s in respect of each destination, Coordination with Railways Authorities (Divisional Office & Head Office) for getting the right feedback & estimates)
- Device Movement Distribution plans to ensure availability of materials at all destination sidings, to match the Management's Master Plan, Mater Plan to be based on Railways planning for rake availability & lead time for placement destination wise at each of the proposed sidings.
- Ensure that goods are dispatched to all destination sidings as per the master plan of the management on daily basis.
- Coordinate with destination siding personal for update on Rail placement and Indent Status and to ensure dispatch on priority basis for all destination sidings running short of material, to ensure timely onward Rake loading & submit periodic report as per prescribed format
- Periodically monitor & analyze the performance of transporter pertaining to cost, consistency & delivery norms & submit periodic report as per prescribed format.
- Organise and supervise loading once the material and deal is finalised with the Mines Owner to ensure the right quality is loaded & submit periodic report as per prescribed format.
- Maintain the account of complete inventory of the material loaded, balance left and government formalities i.e. Director of mines, Railways and all documents maintained & Submit periodic reports as per prescribed format.
- Track the Materials unloaded at the Port/ Stockyard/ Siding/ Destinations with respect to Quantity /Quality & lead time & Submit periodic report as per prescribed format.
- Inventory of the materials i.e. all records to be maintained in detail for all the materials unloaded at the Port/ Stockyard/ Siding for all transporters separately & Submit periodic reports as per prescribed format.
- Arrange / Supervision of loading to be done for material loaded into Rake/ Trucks and separate record is to be maintained for those. Balance stock is to be accounted for & submit periodic reports as per prescribed format.
- Continuous liasioning with the local leadership and also with the people in the area of operation and also in the surrounding area/s. Proper Liasioning is to be maintained at all levels to ensure smooth operations.
- Daily report to Corporate Office as per Standard Format Set.
- Control the field staff under his department and ensure their accountability and reporting on daily basis as per the format, check & evaluate such reports & give comments/suggestions to H.O. for taking related actions.
- Good knowledge of Road / Rail transport documentation.
- Plan on day to day basis for loading of the appropriate grade at the source / loading point/s for destination sidings, to maintain average grade of total despatch at the levels
- To ensure all documents / reports are provided as per standard requirement.
- Mining and other returns as stipulated to be submitted monthly at different mining office.
- Arrange for all documents related to application of mining license & renewal in due time
- Coordinate with Sr. Officers of Police for verification of field staff at Circle of posting.