Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:403 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
General Manager - Manufacturing - Aluminum Die Casting (20-25 yrs)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Management of Facilities & resources
- Oversee all operations of the plant in line with Business Unit guidelines and deliver quality products on time & at optimum cost
- Enhance & manage plant efficiency levels with optimum performance of capacity utilization and productivity
- Oversee the preparation & execution of monthly/ weekly/ daily production schedule and allocation of manpower, material and machines for their effective utilization.
- Responsible for budget preparation and monitoring of the plant operations.
- Ensure availability of raw materials, tools and dies and other spares and consumables for smooth operations and timely delivery.
- Executing cost saving and energy saving techniques / measures and modifications to achieve substantial reduction in operational cost (manpower, raw material, energy).
- Identifying bottlenecks and process problems for production shortfall for taking corrective action.
- Periodic PDCA daily/weekly/monthly
Management of Equipment:
- Ensure adequate preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance activities in order to minimize production downtime.
- Improvement in capability of machines & equipment
Process & Quality management:
- Ensure strict adherence to quality control and quality assurance processes and norms to deliver best in class quality products.
- Monitor every stage of production and take course correction, if necessary.
- Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Ensure skill up-gradation and multi skilling of workers along with HR.
- Ensure proper performance appraisal for his team, mentoring & coaching
- To ensure the implementation of improvement schemes, Kaizen, pokayoke, SPC / SQC, 5S and TPM and small group activities & continuous improvement programs in the company
New product development:
Support NPD activities by leading & participating in CFT
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: BE/M Tech
Experience : 25 years , preferably with a background in Aluminum die casting & metallurgy
- Knowledge of metallurgy and aluminum alloy die casting in GDC, LPDC, heat treatment of casting & shot blasting, CNC, Paint shop
- Knowledge of Aluminum alloy wheels / low pressure die casting preffered
- Customer handling for Q & d
- Forward-planning and strategy
- Problem-solving and administrative skills
Key Result Area:
Productivity, Quality, Cost & Delivery
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.