General Manager/Manager - Consumer & Market Insights - FMCG (8-12 yrs)
- Overall responsibility for Continuous (Retail Audit, Consumer Panel, Advertising Tracking) and all Consumer ad hoc researches (Qualitative & Quantitative)
- To enable market monitoring metrics and execution insights to propel growth of our brands in various categories
- To partner innovation teams in the above mentioned categories in launching new initiatives
- To partner market research agencies .To pioneer use of new techniques and models by developing or forming alliances with market research agencies to keep the company ahead of other peers in this sphere - Being the - Consumer Voice- in Brand / Category Forums
- Develop and own a monthly Market Monitor format as well as work with brand and agency interfaces to develop Integrated Brand Health Measurement systems (quarterly) that will feed into the marketing planning process for the categories.
- Monitor brand health and advertising effectiveness through the brand health track and various other copy measuring studies.
- Ensure that all the advertisements aired have been cleared in the Advertising Pre Testing Methodology.
- Ensure regular analysis and reporting of Retail Sales Audit data to monitor business health.
- Help the brand teams by providing in depth analysis from different data sources like Retail Audit, Household Panel, Segmentation studies to develop the Source of Growth for their respective brands
- Lead research, both exploratory/strategic and output based in the category/brand preference, brand health segment and the retail tracks for the categoies.
- Design, implement researches for the innovation team and provide actionable insights to help them with their new initiatives
- Ensure clear communication and interpretation of actionable research & research insights across a wide range of internal and external clients for example: Brand team members, R&D, advertising agencies and Global Category Management
- Ensure that all such research is quality controlled and produced according to international standards
Key Competencies Required:
- MBA (Marketing) or Post Graduate in Statistics/ Economics or Maths or BE/ B Tech
- 8+ years working experience in a market research agency OR Market research/ Consumer Insight role with an FMCG company
- Preferred to have worked some time in an FMCG/ Retail company in a similar profile ( Consumer or Market Insights or Planning)
- Demonstrated Analytical strengths in the area of market or consumer research - Self Starter.
- Ability to handle and manage tasks, deliverables, marketing issues independently without supervision. - Team working competencies
- Ability to work with numerous touch points and get along with different personalities. - World View / Top view ability to see broader picture and understand how daily/individual tasks add up to the - big picture-
- Utilisation of research in a marketing/ business context.