Managing Partner at HRvisory
Views:950 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
General Manager - Information Technology - Consumer Durable (15-20 yrs)
About the job :
One of the fastest growing consumer durable brands in its segment is looking for the GM of Information Technology will be responsible for creating and driving inspiring digital experiences for our customers, partners and employees to help achieve business goals through the adoption of effective Industry 4.0 technologies.
This incumbent is responsible for managing all scope of services delivered by the Information Technology operations, overall performance in accordance to established KPIs, continuous improvements and cost effectiveness of the operation. In addition, he/she provides direction and leadership to the IT Delivery teams on a day-to-day basis and partners with cross-functional leaders to innovate on a regular basis.
The individual will be heading all the verticals of Information Technology area. The Head of IT will provide sound operational, technical and financial leadership as the company seeks to grow its presence in India and across the globe. We are seeking an individual with an established track record of contributions with advanced information technology, leadership, and business skills leading to improved IT roadmap, heightened process efficiency and enhanced internal controls.
This position will have a broad range of responsibilities, including oversight of the Information Technology group and take the organization's Information Technology practice to a standardized, global delivery model. The Information Technology group will include the following functions :
- Information Technology Development, Delivery and Support Team across all functions
- Cloud, CRM, and Mobility Competency Center
- Business Intelligence Team
- Central IT Services, Security, and Development Team
- IT Project Management Support Service
- Establish a culture of Innovation and Continuous Improvement for diverse functions
- Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Learning & Development of all IT employees
- Development of an IT roadmap, working closely with the business to align and integrate their respective strategies
- Day-to-day operations of global network, storage, security, enterprise architecture and telecommunications infrastructure (including phone and video conferencing).
- Oversight, creation and enforcement of IT policies, procedures and associated plans for security, desktops and infrastructure based on industry-standard best practices.
- Manage enterprise-wide storage, backup, integration, and accessibility of data, including disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Relationship Management with IT vendors for recruitment of IT consultants with niche skills.
- Communicate the practical implications of system selection and implementation, architectural decisions, issues and plans to senior management.
- Establish Project Management capabilities to apply rigor to portfolio analysis, budgeting & planning, tracking and resolving issues, risks and dependencies across projects and programs, coordinating executive communications/status reporting and coordinating resource management and staffing needs.
He/she will implement highest Quality Standards (CMMi), deliver projects as per selected methodologies (SDLC, AGILE), and partner with local IT consulting firms to develop efficient Information Systems across :
- Enterprise Data Architecture strategy
- Critical migrations like AWS Cloud
- In sourced and outsourced IT service models
In conjunction with CFO (reporting supervisor), he/she will have a significant role in designing the roles and functions which are expected to grow over time and information technology opportunities like :
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science Capabilities
- Implement industry wide best practices, improve process efficiency, establish control and compliance
- Provide continuous insight towards 3 to 5 years IT goals, in line with company's growth and multi product areas
- Lead diverse teams, manage attrition below industry benchmarks and partner with multiple stakeholders to evolve into a world-class IT practice and align with company's dynamic growth plans
- Recruit top talent with our endeavour to make the organisation a great place to work
- Lead, motivate and engage a growing team of diverse IT professionals with a focus towards innovation
- Collaborate across functions for best outcomes, provide courageous leadership and timely direction to local team in India and global partners across functions
- Work with a sense of urgency, support strategic projects, and take initiatives to achieve operational and financial excellence
- Create career-pathing opportunities, provide time critical leadership, establish efficient processes and project management, in areas that need expertise and adaptability to ever evolving needs of the company
Relationship Management :
- Partner with key stakeholders across the globe, understand cross-functional requirements, and customize services for a superior stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage external vendors in the Talent Acquisition and Technology Consulting areas to the best interest of company and ensure contract staff optimization for the organization
- Ensure high quality services resulting in employee and stakeholder satisfaction, and optimum resource utilization for maximum service quality
Operations and Finance :
- Develop a service catalogue, brand the service delivery framework internally within the organization and strengthen employer branding across manufacturing industry
- Create innovative IT strategies to ensure cost optimization, establish process efficiency and guide leadership team on scalable best practices to contain attrition
- Manage external risk and internal matrix reporting complexity with a superior understanding of technology, people, and processes
- Implement global standards in IT security, Quality, and Compliance areas in partnership with key stakeholders
- Partner with business to build and manage execution of 3-5 year strategic plans, annual budgets/forecast, operating P&L targets, and provide support to financial forecasting and budgeting process
- 15+ years of experience in IT Strategy and Execution
- Information Technology Development, Support, and Delivery experience a must
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Information Technology Infrastructure Library(ITIL) and Six Sigma certification preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience implementing SAP and HANA a must
- Bachelor's degree (B.E. or B.Tech.) in Engineering and MCA, MSC-IT or Computer Science preferred
- MBA in from Tier 1 University or Masters in Computer Science or Technology focused areas
- Advanced leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates courage while interacting with individuals and groups. Tackles difficult issues with optimism and confidence.
- Global Perspective - Significant experience in managing teams and ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment. Understands the position of the organization within a global context. Knows the impact of global trends on the organization.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, cross-functional collaboration expertise and the ability to thrive in a highly complex environment embracing learning agility.
- Advanced problem solving skills with a strategic mindset and build effective teams. Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development/coaching, objective setting, and driving engagement.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of business processes, management, strong organizational and financial skills a must.
- The person needs to have business understanding, application buy or build expertise and Sap implementation experience across manufacturing or retail.
- Tableau experience preferred