Director at Hashtag HR
Views:744 Applications:216 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:119
General Manager - Industrial Relation & Human Resource - Automotive (20-25 yrs)
This is a senior leadership role, which drives organizational IR / HR function across plant locations in Gujarat.
- A dynamic Industrial Relations professional who will partner with the leadership team at Gujarat and work closely with the top management at the corporate level for designing and delivering IR / HR strategy / philosophy across plants in Gujarat.
- Will be responsible for setting and driving proactive / progressive IR & HR strategy for the region.
- Expected to be the leader with IR subject matter expertise.
- Create and align best-in-class IR & HR practices which supports business needs, employee expectations and drive business objectives.
- To build long-term and short-term IR / HR strategy for Gujarat plants in partnership with the Plant Heads & Plant P&A Heads of Gujarat region in terms of manpower management, costs management, productivity enhancement and effective utilization of workforce.
- Also, ensure zero-failure labour laws related statutory compliances and other employment laws.
- The person will provide overall leadership and guidance to all the plants in Gujarat by overseeing Industrial Relations, Employee Engagement, Training & Development, Recruitment for senior positions including hiring of freshers thru campus interviews, Labour Laws related Statutory Compliances, Dealing with Manpower Contractors,
- Liaison with Government Departments and surrounding village heads, Security, Vigilance & Safety related matters.
- The candidate should have effectively handled Industrial Relations, building a productive and collaborative work environment.
- He must be able to establish strong relationship, maintain good rapport and positively influence all stakeholders including Government Authorities through impactful and meaningful regular interactions.
Other Important Expectations
- Implement HR policies and initiatives aligned with the overall corporate objectives.
- Drive cultural change in plants through effective collaboration with business leaders so as to achieve short- term and long term business objectives.
- Provide leadership & direction to Plant P&A Heads of factories in Gujarat region and support them as per need.
- Build IR capability across locations to meet dynamic business challenges and effectively lead P&A team.
- Be an active mentor and coach for senior management team on people and IR practices. Coach senior
- Act as champion for all industrial relations matters across plant / office locations. Design and implement innovative and proactive I R practices to ensure harmonious relations between employees and management.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing grievances, disputes or other manpower handling related / shop floor issues.
- Recruitment process - manpower planning to onboarding.
- Support business needs through development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human resources.
- Encourage a positive work environment thru effective & measurable employee engagement initiatives.
- Advising & guiding plant P&A Head on PMS - Reward & Recognition
- Preparing of various HR metrics to support management in decision making.
- Ensuring & maintaining of statutory compliances under labor laws.
- Contract Labor Management - Contracting, legal compliances, performance assessment.
- Security & Safety of all plants.
- Ensuring smooth and uninterrupted operation of factories without any stoppage of plant operations.
- Build strong network with government, local administration and local influencers.
- Ensure statutory compliance w.r.t. labour laws and related laws of land at all locations and Conduct audits and establish practices of strong governance and controls.
Skills / Qualification :
- Full Time MBA - HR/IR / MSW / Degree in industrial relations
- 20-24 years of relevant work experience as IR / HR in auto manufacturing firm (large set up).
- Age - 40 - 45 years
- 5-7 years of experience in Head role
- Should have handled multiple plants / locations
- Should have handled business of 800-1000 crores
- Should have handled manpower of 2000 plus people
- Proficient in English / Hindi / Gujarati
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills