Owner at Corporate Search
Views:2327 Applications:238 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
General Manager - Finance/Financial Controller (14-22 yrs)
Corporate Search is one of India's leading Executive Search and Talent hunt firm with a specialized focus in the multiple sectors
We have the following requirement - based in Navi Mumbai with an MNC client
Create transparency on the company’s financial and operational performance, hereunder benchmarking with other company facilities and competition.
- Drive improvement projects to deliver top quartile financial and operational performance
- Support the execution ofthe financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the company at all times is profitable, risk protected and financially strong.
- Financial supervision of projects including but not limited to investment contracts.
- Ensure that matters within his/her scope of responsibility comply with local Law, Local Regulations and the company’s Strategy and Culture.
- Have a good understanding of the local requirements that govern the terminal business to steer the business in the most efficient manner
- Establish and enforce procedures to improve working routines, provide high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making, achieve efficiencies in terms of costs and ensure that all subjects relating to the financials of the terminal are dealt with in the most efficient manner.
- Support the CFO driving strategic initiatives improving the financial performance of the terminal.
- Help establish proper internal controls and manage financial issues relating to shareholders and BOD.
- Support the CFO to develop and drive strategies that will prepare the terminal for the future.
- Take part and contribute to the Strategic Initiative project teams, including Project FIT.
- Lead special projects across the three entities in the company India portfolio including (but not limited to) Statutory Compliance to Local Regulations and Custom duties and tax optimization.
- Motivate, coach and team members and foster interdepartamental communication and co-operation.
- Financial Process Improvement
- Internal Controls
- CA/ ICWA/ MBA in Finance management or related business studies.
- At least 10 years’ experience from a finance controller or management roles.
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
- Strong knowledge on International Accounting standards, understanding both international and local tax, legal & audit issues
- Strong analytical mind, independent, decisive
- Understanding of Terminal Operations is preferred.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers is preferred.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Able to empower others to take action by effectively delegating.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
Relevant candidates interested may apply with a brief introduction and compensation drawn
Kalpana Gandhi Chhatriwala
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.